Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Oh Dear....now I'm In Trouble

Fitz

I popped along to the Bluewater meet last night that was advertised on MR2OC. The idea was to get a looksie at a few 2's and maybe get some ideas etc and keep me encouraged to get a t bar.

Now, I don't know if anyone on here went, but there seemed to be quite a few turbo's and my mate who came with me kept asking why I didn't want a turbo seeing as my Rover is a turbo.....Insurance cost I kept telling him. Confused.com quoted £550ish for a UK t bar and £1050ish for a G ltd so I never bothered to quote a turbo....

....just out of curiosity I just went back to confused.com and got a quote and it came out at £660 for a turbo.

Now, I don't know if it is due to price fluctuations or if I have done the quote wrong, but I will investigate this further as a turbo would be kinda fun, though I'll end up losing the t bar :crybaby:

lol

i did a similar thing and that made me buy a turbo!

why cant you get t-bar?

lol

i did a similar thing and that made me buy a turbo!

why cant you get t-bar?

Thats what i was just thinking! Why no t-bar?? You can get turbo t-bars! <_<

....just out of curiosity I just went back to confused.com and got a quote and it came out at £660 for a turbo.

You'll have to be VERY careful with these quotes - best ringing to confirm.

Because I used confused.com for my UK NA GT, even specificied that it wasn't an import, and I received a few quotes for the Jap GT (which is of course the turbo) - I could tell cos they were significantly higher than the NA/G-Limited quotes.

So you may think it's a quote for a Jap Turbo GT when infact it's for a UK (NA) GT :eek:

You'll have to be VERY careful with these quotes - best ringing to confirm.

Because I used confused.com for my UK NA GT, even specificied that it wasn't an import, and I received a few quotes for the Jap GT (which is of course the turbo) - I could tell cos they were significantly higher than the NA/G-Limited quotes.

So you may think it's a quote for a Jap Turbo GT when infact it's for a UK (NA) GT :eek:

Yeah, I won't jump into any decisions without thorough research as I got caught out on my Rover which ended up costing more on insurance.

Does seem a bit odd that it comes out at £400 cheaper than the G Ltd quote I had a month or so back, though it kept the stored details and all I changed was the car model. Will deffo phone to confirm.

As for T bar, I thought the turbos only came with sunroof but more commonly, solid roof.....well, I'm no expert on these cars yet so I guess that is something else I've learnt.

errrr, turbos come with t-bars or hard top.

if they have a sunroof then they are most likely turbo conversions as no moon roof ones were made as far as i am aware.

...have your cake and eat it Fitz. Get a GT T-Bar Turbo.

Prices are lower now than they have been for ages, so what you save on the purchase can pay some towards your insurance.

Oh! Try Egg. I found them to be the cheapest for me. :thumbsup:

Well, Quote a car gave me a courtesy call this morning so I gave 'em hell. Came up with loads of questions and made the poor guy check, double check and then he went off to get his manager and he tripple checked and they cannot explain why the G Ltd is so expensive but the following quotes are all valid and based on cars of the same year. I specifically explained the situation and the manager ensures me that the quotes are for a UK t bar, a G Ltd Jap import and a turbo t bar jap import and in the event of any claim, I will most certainly be covered for the right car:

UK T bar - £550

Jap G Ltd - £1040

Jap Turbo - £660

All comprehensive quotes!!!

so I guess I'm widening my search to a turbo as well now :D

Good, going on those prices mate :thumbsup:

Without a doubt it's gotta b a tubby now!

:)

-Z

itchy feet ehh Zee reading stuff like this!... :ph34r: :D

Good, going on those prices mate :thumbsup:

Without a doubt it's gotta b a tubby now!

:)

-Z

itchy feet ehh Zee reading stuff like this!... :ph34r: :D

Damn straight!

Right i've decided that I'ma make that advert when I go home next week.

Clean her up, get her nice and shiny, then take some piccies.

Going a little off the thread...

I'll be selling my N/A and taking bit's of it back to standard that I can use on the tubby I'll be getting, this included the front clears and the lexus rears.

Do you reckon I should take the pics of the car with these on and pop em into the advert, or with these off?

I will of course make it clear that they won't come with the car...

Whaddya reckon?

-Z

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links