Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What Is An Immaculate Tailgate Worth?

sussex_ae92

as you all know,my car was written off two months ago,and ive kept the tailgate,as it is immaculate,with no rust.it has no spoiler,but glass and wiper motor.want to put it on e-bay,but dont have a clue of the value?

call a few yards and get some idea

4 weeks ago i paid 30 quid for a poor condition gti boot complete with spoiler and a load of rust, wiper motor and wiper arm (not working). yours shoud be about the same simply cos theres no spoiler which is what would put the price up

4 weeks ago i paid 30 quid for a poor condition gti boot complete with spoiler and a load of rust, wiper motor and wiper arm (not working). yours shoud be about the same simply cos theres no spoiler which is what would put the price up

I will disagree with you, Gary. Only because most people with GTi's are after a rear door because theirs is rusted through and they will already have a spoiler. Finding a rear door in mint rust-free condition is very rare.

The other scenario is some young pre-pubescent idiot has a GL that want's it to look like a GTi - then of course they'd like the spoiler included. As you can tell I am strongly against people making thier cars out to be something they are not :P

I think £50 - £60 would be a fair price, but would need to include working wash-jet and a wiper :yes:

I was going to buy this door, but fell short of the money and had to do a DIY job on my tailgate - which actually looks pro now (quite chuffed with my work) B)

brand new ones without glass or trims are only £50 from panel shops ? and lets face it the trim and glass doesnt rot so you can swap it over after you've painted.

dunno if that helps, i reckon £50 is a fair price for yours and i really need to free up some cash. Damn lowrider.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links