Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

I Want To Mnake My Car Really Shine!

CraigT

As we all know, white cars dont really shine as such. Even a good waxing produces pretty minimal shine due to the nature of whitre paintwork.

Is there any product that can be applied to the paintwork to produce extra shine?

Everyone likes a shiny car. There must be a particular product that really gives that brand new showroom shine.

Anyone know of anything?

The full Meguiars set is very good, I gave my old puegeot 205 (white)_ a factory shine at one point, and I used all of their products in sync, took about 6 hours though!lol

The wax + clay really gives it a glass like effect...

Its the glass effect I need.

How long would you say it lasted for before needing to do it again?

it's last about a week or so in the winter.

But in summer you can put it on, and not bother doing it again for a few weeks.

(aslong as you wash your car that is)

Oh and remember to wear sun glasses when your polishing it. it hurts your eyes. no joke

It's hard to find a picture that does it justice.

But look how shiny my car is.

004492dd.gif

63f88054.gif

Thats after a 100 mile treck to the event and then countless times on it. :thumbsup:

The full meguiars set is very good, I gave my old puegeot 205 (white)_ a factory shine at one point, and I used all of their products in sync, took about 6 hours though!lol

The wax + clay really gives it a glass like effect...

I bought the Meguiars stuff recently,it is the dogs danglys :D

even just the shampoo on its own is AMAZING !!!

Well worth the extra money :D

J

Yeh Meguiars is definately top of my books...

It lasted quite a while in the summer. I washed it every 2 days roughly and it looked awesome for ages. Bear in mind also, the clay gives it the REALLY glass like effect and thats only the top coat, the wax etc is underneath it, so even after the glass effect has come off, you still have the hard as nails polish underneath to keep your shine :P

There's a link at the top of the page in the Sponsors bit for Toyota car care. Follow this and download the Ebook...tells you just about everything you'll ever need to know about cleaning cars.

Meguiars is definitely one of the best products though. For any colour !

Rich

Have to agree with basically what's been said use the clay bar and then polish her and you will be amazed at the finish, do part of the roof and just feel how the bar lifts of the contaminates.

I do have to say out of my own experience and through personal preference that the best kit ive found so far is Swissol and their cleaner fluid acts like the clay bar but for me its easier to use and gives better results.

As master Mayagi would say wax on wax off…

Dave

Meguias it is then. Ive used the postcode checkr and there is one a few miles from my house.

All I need now is a dry day and loads of free time.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links