Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Need More Power

vmail

the current yaris has a Battery of 450 Cranking Amp, If I add a second Battery, I'll have over 1000 Cranking Amps, will this be bad for the car or will the car still use 450A

you need two identical batterys in a parallel configuration

1000 cranking amps will sort of blow up the starter motor!!

yet again you amaze us , why would you need 1000 a to flick over a tiny 1.3 yaris .???????????

yet again you amaze us , why would you need 1000 a to flick over a tiny 1.3 yaris .???????????

I will ignore your prevoius comment, the 2nd Battery is for the Car PC

rob how do spilt charge things work?

the most simple form is just a big relay chap, but you must have identical batteries. and i MEAN identical or youll confuse the regulator on the alternator. you can use std batterys or uprate them but they must be twins

the autoleads one is 50 quid from here

unless you make your own. basically the two 12v terminals are connected by the relay and the ignition snese triggers the switch

so when the engine is off they disconnect and are indepandant so batt 2 can run flat and youll have no starting problems, and a soon as you start the engine the relay connects the two together and charges them

just remember its a parallel circuit on the batters not series! or youll run 24 volts and go bang!

if you want to use different batterys then an intellignet split charger is needed, but these are about 350quid!

my in car PC works fine on normal yaris Battery no probs at all for the last 4 months, and its not a little tiny 1.3 yaris!!! its the UK's only SUPER YARIS!!!!

Can I recommend one of.... these?

A

ROFL

HE HE Alan..........trust you to inject some Scottish wit and humour :D ;)

paphosyarisfreak the PC runs 24/7 because it store videos from 4 Nightvision CCTV camera

the 110V Generator will be no good, the PC runs at 12V

the PC PSU is 80W so it will be 6.6A

Sorry... I couldn't resist ;)

Seriously though, all you would need is a normal mini-ATX system, a towbar and an extension to run from the genny to the boot of the Yaris where the ATX system is. You could modify the genny so that the sockets (it has 240V output too) are secure.

Hmmm... Not exactly a stealth install though :D

A

Sorry... I couldn't resist ;)

Seriously though, all you would need is a normal mini-ATX system, a towbar and an extension to run from the genny to the boot of the Yaris where the ATX system is. You could modify the genny so that the sockets (it has 240V output too) are secure.

Hmmm... Not exactly a stealth install though :D

A

It might make the Yaris a tad tail happy too.... ;)

It would be just like towing a trailer. Myabe if you wanted a stealth install you could disguse it as a small caravan?

A

It would be just like towing a trailer. Myabe if you wanted a stealth install you could disguse it as a small caravan?

A

Ha Ha :D

With ALL that extra weight on board a brake upgrade should be the next mod ;)

A

Ha :lol: A caravan for oompa loompas!

Get a set of alloys on it and rude it up people wont even notice it!

CB :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links