Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Manual Boost Controller

BLOODUK

Hey EarL how easy was it to fit your manual boost controller and setup?? Which is the best one to get

Edit : if i just fit it , how will i know what the boost level is set at? or is it set to default boost of the original toyota specifications

easy as pie really. the only hard bit is removing all the inlet piping to get to the little pipes that go to the wastegate. The boost is set by a screw - when its all the way in no air gets to the wastegate so you run endless boost=BANG!. When the screw is all the way out the wastegate gets opened earlier and you get very low boost.

so its trial and error really, you start with it all the way out and see what your max boost is in 3rd or 4th gear, if its too low then screw it in one turn (at the most) and do it again. With your mods I'd say 15PSI/1.1bar is your best setting.

Yeah, like DeusMR2 said, it was pretty easy. A little fiddly to get at the actuator pipe, but I decided to extend the pipes a little so I could get at the controller a little easier.

Mine is set to 1.1 bar on full boost. It may be a little too much tho, I set it up to have it RR tuned, and got great figures once the guys had finished dialing in the mixture/timing etc.

Before you fit any boost controller tho, get yourself a decent boost guage so you know where you're starting from.

... and be prepared for the shock of your life when it's done! Mine grew teeth. :lol:

I'm currently making a twin valve set up connected by a solonoid valve that can be switched from hi to low boost from the cockpit.

I'll take pics and post them up when it's done. :thumbsup:

Before you fit any boost controller tho, get yourself a decent boost guage so you know where you're starting from.

already got one fitted :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links