Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Transferring A Toyota 6 Cd In Dash Changer

pp.hh

I have a 1999 1.0 Yaris GS which has a Toyota in dash 6 CD changer fitted as an option. I have bought a 2002 1.3 Yaris CDX which has a single CD player rather than a cassette player and an empty box where the CD changer fits on the GS. Is it possible to switch the in dash changer to the CDX? If so how? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi and welcome to the club!

It should be possible. If you lot in the "How To"s post that's been stuck at the top of the Yaris forum you'll be able to follow the instructions in one of the "Fitting an aftermarket headunit" posts on how to dismantle the dashboards without damaging stuff (they have pics and some deal with Phase 1 and some with Phase 2 models). If you remember where you pulled out plugs and stuff then in the new one they should just plug straight in to similar holes in the Phase 2.

I hope that helps.

Cheers,

Alan

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links