Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Need A New Backbox

dawolf

Looks like I need to replace my backbox, been getting a strange raspy noise at the back of the car the last week or so. Had a look today and there seems to be a rather large crack in the backbox and I can feel the air escaping from it (think it was caused by a speed hump!). I currently have a kakimoto exhaust on and I'd like to stay with a japanese brand if I can. What do people recommend as a replacement? Also, will it just bolt onto the existing exhaust? Don't wanna spend too much if I can help it.

Looks like I need to replace my backbox, been getting a strange raspy noise at the back of the car the last week or so. Had a look today and there seems to be a rather large crack in the backbox and I can feel the air escaping from it (think it was caused by a speed hump!). I currently have a kakimoto exhaust on and I'd like to stay with a japanese brand if I can. What do people recommend as a replacement? Also, will it just bolt onto the existing exhaust? Don't wanna spend too much if I can help it.

Hmmm Why dont you go down to powerflow and get them to sort the hole out? if not they can do a new backbox with your specifications :thumbsup:

Yeah was thinking maybe Powerflow but heard mixed reports about their quality.

Same here , but if i was you id take a trip down to your nearest powerflow dealer and have a few words about price first ie get to know them. I had my backbox fitted and I have NEVER been happier with it , its not too loud and it doesnt sound rumbly on start up , but accelerate and it sounds amazing it really turns heads. I was so pleased with their work they are doing the downpipe/decat on wednesday!

They also do lots of other stuff their so its not just exhausts, turbo timers/Fcd's engine swaps

Sounds promising, I'll check them out then  :thumbsup: .

Best to check out the place first , before making the appointment thats what i did if it looks ok go in for a visit ;)

I think it was the skyline and two nissan gtir's outside that persuaded me to go in

Looks like I might need a cat-back system coz I only have the one big silencer box. Powerflow said they'll do one with a 5" slash tailpipe for about £270 which seems very reasonable. The other cheaper option would be to try and get this one repaired but I do fancy something that sounds a bit more beefy.

Looks like I might need a cat-back system coz I only have the one big silencer box. Powerflow said they'll do one with a 5" slash tailpipe for about £270 which seems very reasonable. The other cheaper option would be to try and get this one repaired but I do fancy something that sounds a bit more beefy.

dawolf , go for it if :thumbsup: you get a great warranty so any holes or anything appears and they fix it for free

might be worth going for a quality exhaust that aint too expensive like the mongoose.

you never know quite what you're getting with the likes of powerflow, could be good, could be sh1tttt :(

might be worth going for a quality exhaust that aint too expensive like the mongoose.

you never know quite what you're getting with the likes of powerflow, could be good, could be sh1tttt :(

Bah mongoose , yes get the same as everyone else two piddly little things sticking out the back of your mr2 :angry:

A mongoose is an extra £100 though :o . I've heard a mate's car with a powerflow fitted and it looks and sounds very nice. I might be changing the car for a turbo model later this year or early next year anyway.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links