Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

20v

*rollaboy

hope one of you guys could give me some advice

i have a 20v engine with a damaged crank.i have already got a replacement engine for the car it came from.

is it only really the head and throttle bodies worth saving,or would it make sense to spend money having it rebuilt to n/a or turbo/scharged spec?

(not that i can afford it right now)

:thumbsup:

would be woth keeping imo

it might be worth noting that the crank and rods will fit from a 4agze too..so it would be too hard to get the engine straight again...

also it might be worth noting that if your thinking about turboing it the 4agze pistons will give you a 8.9.1 compression ratio and if you flycut the pistions too the engine is still safe if the cambelt snaps

i have a 20v engine with a damaged crank.i have already got a replacement engine for the car it came from.

is it only really the head and throttle bodies worth saving,or would it make sense to spend money having it rebuilt to n/a or turbo/scharged spec?

on whow many kms the crank become damaged and what is the reason?

on whow many kms the crank become damaged and what is the reason?

nearly 100,000 km.

its a bit embarising,but i let it run out of oil. there is a long explanation as to why this happened. but the crank is certainly toast.

and when the car died i was about 120 miles from home doing a delivery in the

corolla.sickening or what

Rebuild it with forged pistons etc - stick on a blitz 20v turbo kit - motec ecu and you could be looking at 250 - 300 bhp depending on what else you do. :thumbsup: :D

Rebuild it with forged pistons etc - stick on a blitz 20v turbo kit - motec ecu and you could be looking at 250 - 300 bhp depending on what else you do. :thumbsup:  :D

i know where i could get most of the parts to do that,but where would i get a

crankshaft. ive never heard of an aftermarket crank for the 20v. and id

probably be very lucky to find a s/charged crank on its own.

you see this is why i asked would it be worth my while to rebuild this motor,

or simply start with the gze block and use the 20v head :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Your not likely to find many people on here who are able to help you. Try taking a look at MR2 owners club USA forum. There are more people on there who will have more experience of what you want to do. Bill Strong is the guy who runs the forum and has done most things with the 4A engine.

you can defo run the 20v head on the supercharged block.....just be sure to have either custom 20v pistons made up or run a thicker head gasket so the 4agze pistons will work without hitting the valves....

thanx for the feedback lads.but as i have said,i dont have the money to spend on

that engine right now.im waist deep in another project. :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links