Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hi And Info Needed

m4rk scotland

first of all i would like to say hi and that this looks to be by far the best mr2 related site i have found.

im looking very seriously at getting a mr2 in may as i want something different and that will turn heads. also im fed up of the doing the hothatch thing.

some of you mite ask what im driving so iv got a clio 1.4rt but have driven and owned 16valvers aswell so im used to a quick car, im sure many of you non turbo owners may have had a fright from a valver.

anyway by the looks of it the best buy for me would be a 93 L reg rev3 onwards car?

can anyone give me some useful advice on buying and getting a good one.

on a lighter note i realise that driving a mr2 is a bit different from a front engined front wheel drive car but iv also got a fair bit of experience with mid rear vehicals,

thanks for any replys/info

Hi mate and welcome to TOC :thumbsup:

The best info on all the revisions is here clicky

Your right in saying that a rev 3 is about the best to go for but there's no reason

not to go for an earlier model if you find a good one....

Anyway, all the changes thru the revisions are listed in the link above

And if you want to seee some nice mr2's in the metal,

click on the link in my signature.

We are having a meet in Glasgow this sunday...You'll be more than welcome to join us ;)

there are some good buyers guides out there on the net.. so be sure to have a good look at those.

Then start thinking if you want a turbo or a n/a etc. Obviously it all depends on your age and the insurance premium.

Like Rico said.. why not come along to our meet... will be a few good mr2s there and we'd be more than happy to help you out with any questions.

thanks, afraid i wont be able to make sunday as im working, unfortunity money doesnt grow on trees :crybaby: i think i should have around 3k to spend in may but finding out info now will give me a good idea of what to get when the time comes.

Thats good advice.

The Mr2 was my first car too. I'd driven nothing bigger than a 1.2 before and found no probs driving this car, be it 16v rwd and mid engined. Just makes it easier to drive and safer imo cos its so much better handling than the others i have.

Mines a '97 N/A so its a rev 4. When i was looking, i also looked from L reg onwards to meet my price range and feel they are the best and about the same speed/power wise. Do sometimes think i should have got a turbo but never driven one. Like jim said, depends wot u want and the insureance.

Anyway, definitely look at all the buyers guides first, theyre really good and vital, esp if your gonna buy private. I looked at one that had scribbles on the mileages in the log book and im 99% sure it was clocked! If you can afford it though and not that experienced in buying, go to a good dealer and chip him down as much as poss! I travelled as far as london to look at them when i was searching and in the end got a mint one from a honda dealer really near by.

Try autotrader / exchange and mart etc, look at as many as poss and dont rush and get one not quite what you want, better to pay a little bit more and be happy. Good luck mate :thumbsup:

thanks, yeh my plan is to have a uk non turbo car for a year before going turbo, that way i can learn more about the car aswell. also im planning on seeing a few and traveling doesnt bother me because its just a good excuse for a road trip :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links