Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Heating Problem

Chris&Dani

I have a small problem with my heating system. The heater works but my windscreen doesnt de-mist. :unsure: Any ideas why?

Regards

It could be as simple as having the re-circulation button on. Press it so that fresh air is coming in and it should clear quicker (I think ive got that the right way around!?)

Alex

It could be as simple as having the re-circulation button on. Press it so that fresh air is coming in and it should clear quicker (I think ive got that the right way around!?)

Alex

That's what I was thinking...

both celicas ( yes its an mr2 question ) i have owned have had this problem , the fan to me just dont seem strong enough on the screen.only untill the engine gets half hot does it work , then clears really quickly. trying the aircon on the screen dont do much either.

both celicas ( yes its an mr2 question ) i have owned have had this problem , the fan to me just dont seem strong enough on the screen.only untill the engine gets half hot does it work , then clears really quickly. trying the aircon on the screen dont do much either.

No, its not that, theres no air coming out around the screen but there is everywhere else it should. you press the buttons and nothing changes. perhaps theres a problem there!? :huh:

Many thanks

If you remove the part of the dash under your steering coloumb (undo 4 screws, then it kinda pulls forward)

Then you can remove the whole facier of the centre console (around the stereo / blowers/cig lighter etc (mid the cables on the hazards / cig lighter (both unplug))

Then if you pull the centre blowers out (small screw driver on a couple of plastic clips at the top) you can see into where the 'padles' direct the air.

you can also remove the feed from the centre console to the drivers side blower (it runs under the steering columb (you can see it when the 1st step of this is done). 1 screw by the door somewhere, and it simply puls out.

try pressing the buttons with the ignition on - see if they move - if not might be a fuse??

just an idea :thumbsup:

heater all fixed now.

the problem was the electric motor that moves the flaps was not working properly. i took it apart and found and found the plastic cog has lost its teeth. luckily it uses half of the cog so i turned it around and now its fine! :D

thankyou everyone for ur help! :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links