Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Modding The Rolla

phallett

I have made a few posts here mainly asking what is possible, realistically, in tuning my 92 EE101. The trouble is, I cannot find anything anywhere. I cannot buy a suspension kit, none are done for the EE101 I am told. I cannot uprate the brakes and I cannot find any zoorsts. Can anyone help me?

Now I have the Rolla 1.3 GLi.

I want to get a bigger motor in, hopefully not too expensive and I want to run around 185-190 bhp: What do you think would be the quickest fix for the engine as far as bang for bucks go? 4ETFE 7EFE tuned? Silver top 20v? etc...

I have looked at Koni sus kits to no avail :censor: : are there any kits for the car?

All I have done is remove all unecessary interior trim and seats, removed all exterior panelling not needed, removed side and rear glass for plexi glass and added an induction kit. Already it is a riot and I cannot wait to get more power and lose more weight but I do need your help. I have heard of the 3agte slotting in with some work; is this a serious proposition?

Anyway, I await your replies eagerly as I am starting to want to move quickly in this project. :eek:

Thanks in advance guys.

PS Any meets in south M25 area soon?

Hello there,

Choice of modifiing is a personal taste, and it appears you are going down the serious route if you've striped out the interior and using plexi glass... a track day /hillclimb/sprint car perhaps?

I'm sure someone else (with a lot more knowledge than me) will be able to advise engine choice.

My only advice with modifiying some models of cars is beware which one in the range you pick and how much you spend on it. e.g. modifiying a 1.3 Corolla when it may have worked out cheaper in the long run to have bought a 1.8GXi.

I'm not meaning you though as it appears you are going down a very serious route anyway.

As for suspension kits etc. this does supprise me as others with EE101/AE101's on this forum have done many mod's ...please guys advise if possible (Theres one person on this forum with a superb metalic blue AE101 I think his club name is MSCKEV).

Good luck.

yup 3S-GTE is a serious proposition but it aint cheap. if you want some one to fit it for you labour cost will be around 2500-3000k plus you will still need to source the req parts. but hell its worth it

In answer to your questions.

Exhuast system

My choice would be custom made, this way you can customise your needs and get exactly what you want. Mine was done by a company in Nottingham, called SES. I have an exact replica of the original system with a few of the restrictions removed. The backbox has been designed to allow better flow on the internals as well. Exit pipe has been made to my personal choice. Cost wise for custom made exhuasts is around £450.

The manifold from the 1.6 may fit too, I'm selling one in this very forum as I have no need for it now as it won't fit with my turbo. Also considering De-cating to free up some extra power.

Suspension

Koni does the suspension for the AE101, not sure if it's the same for the EE101, maybe someone could clarify that. Lowering springs are mostly certainly available as well as strut braces, check US eBay for lots of corolla items. Suspension will cost £400 for front and rear shocks + £100 ish for springs

Braking

Again I'm not sure if the EE101 is the same fitment to the AE101, but I have uprated Brembo cross drilled and grooved up front. An axel swap can be done to fit rear disc brakes also. Got mine cheap off eBay and came in at £70 including shipping and tax!!

Styling

check my garage lol!

Use the links at the top of this forum that I added a while ago, you may have to use companies outside of the UK for some bits you will require

My advice, don't bother tuning your 1.3 and go with what you have suggested in the form of an engine swap, Fensport have a good website to see what's available. I'm only going the turbo route on my 4AFE because as far as I'm aware it's not been done before, well in the UK anyway and my engine is in superb condition.

good luck

Kev :thumbsup:

EE101 has loas of suspension option in the states...from shocks n springs to coilovers...dont make the classic mistake of just putting lowering springs on your standard shocks..your rolla will bouce like anyhow!!

As for the engine....well thats personal choice really..do want to go N/A turbo or supercharged? whats your budget? can you afford to insure it once the swaps been done...what kinda power you after and will you want to tune the engine further in say 12 months time?.....just dont drop a 4afe..ive blown 3 of them up..not worth a shilling in my eyes!!

dont make the classic mistake of just putting lowering springs on your standard shocks..your rolla will bouce like anyhow!!

agreed!!!

Must get that changed, mine is lowered -35mm on apex springs with standard shocks and bounces all over the place

Kev

i think the cheapest way to get about 190 hp,is to swap your engine for a 4agze

supercharged lump.then get a front mount,underdrive pulley and exhaust.dont

take my advice as gospell though,as ive never done it.i just read it somewhere

I've done it in an AE111 but it is not cheap if you want to do it right. Take a look in my TOC garage and my website for details. I've spent a lot of cash and I'm not finished yet. :crybaby: :shutit:

I've done it in an AE111 but it is not cheap if you want to do it right. Take a look in my TOC garage and my website for details. I've spent a lot of cash and I'm not finished yet. :crybaby: :!Removed!:

im not sayin its cheap or easy,but i thought it would be the cheapest way to get to 190 bhp.ive looked at your website already.thats a fine !Removed! corolla :thumbsup::thumbsup:

EE101 has loas of suspension option in the states...from shocks n springs to coilovers...dont make the classic mistake of just putting lowering springs on your standard shocks..your rolla will bouce like anyhow!!

As for the engine....well thats personal choice really..do want to go N/A turbo or supercharged? whats your budget? can you afford to insure it once the swaps been done...what kinda power you after and will you want to tune the engine further in say 12 months time?.....just dont drop a 4afe..ive blown 3 of them up..not worth a shilling in my eyes!!

Thanks a lot. I did buy a Koni adjustable suspension kit from ripspeed (Halford?) but it simply didn't fit and I had a lot of ***** getting the cash back.

Engine swap will be the only real way. Options are starlet turbo (4EFTE) specced up to around 185bhp, one chap has a highly tuned 4AGE, but I do not know how hard simple it would be to fit. I was thinking of the 1.8 7EFE motor and tuning that, but don't reasonably think it is that tunable given it has the narrow twin cam vs wider one of the AGE's. To be frank, I simply do not know what to do.

I am looking at spending around £4k on the whole project to use as a serious track day car: If I can get 180-200bhp, it'll blow of the posers in the M3's.

Thus, I am thinking:

£2k motor/gearbox/zoorst

£450 adjustable shocks and silicone bushes

£600 wheels and tyres

£450 brakes upgrade and rear disks

£500 extras

It has all of the interior stripped, all non used exterior plastic stripped and uses plexi on side and back. I want to get it down to 800kg and aim for 250bhp per ton.

In a years time? I don't know. I will probably be used to it by then and want a power upgrade. I may move to GT4 motor or simply carry on as normal. I am getting on and want soem fun back!

Insurance is not too much of an issue, I am 41 and have full no claims and it will be limited mileage. I just need some advice from, what appears, the best advice site there is for rolla owners.

Thanks in advance, I really appreciate the help and please do email me if you see anything on eBay for sale that I may miss.

phallett@hotmail.com

Regards

Paul

Engine swap will be the only real way. Options are starlet turbo (4EFTE) specced up to around 185bhp, one chap has a highly tuned 4AGE, but I do not know how hard simple it would be to fit.[/QUOTE]

Some versions of the AE101 /EE101 (in 1993 to 1995 I think) had the 4AGE Fitted as standard in them but were not available for UK market (UK had 1.8 GXi AE101), appears to have been Japan and Far east Asia market only.

So would mounting points perhaps be the same? any one else able to shed any light? :unsure:

Engine swap will be the only real way. Options are starlet turbo (4EFTE) specced up to around 185bhp, one chap has a highly tuned 4AGE, but I do not know how hard simple it would be to fit.[/QUOTE]

Some versions of the AE101 /EE101 (in 1993 to 1995 I think) had the 4AGE Fitted as standard in them but were not available for UK market (UK had 1.8 GXi AE101), appears to have been Japan and Far east Asia market only.

So would mounting points perhaps be the same? any one else able to shed any light? :unsure:

as far as i know,any fwd 4age engine will go into any e10.of course there would

be problems to solve.

what body type is the car in question?

Thanks a lot. I did buy a Koni adjustable suspension kit from ripspeed (Halford?) but it simply didn't fit and I had a lot of ***** getting the cash back.

...also that dosen't supprise me!

A friend and I aquired a Strut brace from 'allfrauds' last year for a particular vehicle and thankfully it fitted. Good job to because the chap at 'allfrauds' very arrogantly said as he handed it over to me

"if it don't fit, don't come back to us, it's your problem sort it out with the manufacturer we are only the supplier" :o :o

Oh how polite of him (I hadn't said a word, honest), glad to see they train they staff in customer care/relations!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links