Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Insurance Vs T-sport

aderz2003

i have a rolla 1.4vvti 03' and i'm get just a little tried of me mate in his civic 1.6 type-S kinda ****** all over me, now engine mods are kinda pointles for such a small engine, so i'm hoping to ungrade soon, now i cod go for the 1.8 t sport but the insurance group jumps from the 4/5 on my 1.4 to a 14 on the 1.8, for good reason,

but i was wondering weather anyone had purchased a 2.0l desil rolla 02' onwards and cod tell me how they perform ?

as the insurance group on them is around 5/6 and wod be a tad cheaper for a 18 year old ( me) to get insured on,

and weather anyone know the performance change wen chiped?, wod be great if someone had dun this. cheers.

TTE do a chip that takes the D4-D UP TO 140 BHP. If I were to go down this route I'd buy a VW golf PD. 130 or 150 bhp as standard and 180+ or 200+ BHP when chipped. Just my two pennies worth. I will stand back and await the insults for recommending a VW! :P

Get a quote on the T-Sport first as it may not be as bad as you think. Dont go down the diesel rote unless you have to fella you will only want to up grade that soon as well!

Nick

weep.

at 18 the best quote i could find was about 2000 per year ... also remember the TS drinks fuel if you drive it how you want to (for fun) aprox £38 for a tank that will get you 260 miles

Depends who's paying for the running of the car.

Toyota Corolla Tsport - 180 ish bhp, low mpg, group 18

VW golf PD - 180 ish bhp (with a chip, poss more), 45+mpg, lower insurance. Way more torque.

Your choice really but I'd be going German.

PS you're a lucky bu**er to be in this position at 18! :)

this is a fact of life:

Fast car = High insurance & high running costs

now, okay, a 30 year old premiums may be 25% of yours, but the still, the costs are higher..

So, ask yourself whats important to you - you are only 18, so you could get yourself an intermediate car, and aim for the faster one when your 21 and have some no claims...

As Phil said, your in a lucky positition, but dont be too eager to throw your money away..

Too true!

When i was 18 going onto 19 i bought a honda, though its not high performance i was well pleased but insurance was still expensive back then never mind a slightly faster car...........im 22 now & my current lexus insurance is still expensive though im not changing cars yet.

this is a fact of life:

Fast car = High insurance & high running costs

now, okay, a 30 year old premiums may be 25% of yours, but the still, the costs are higher..

So, ask yourself whats important to you - you are only 18, so you could get yourself an intermediate car, and aim for the faster one when your 21 and have some no claims...

As Phil said, your in a lucky positition, but dont be too eager to throw your money away..

I agree about the high cost of insurance, but it is only group 14 as opposed to a CTR which is 18.

i would also, and did, go for a CTS over diesel power, yes you might get more torque, but you have one hell of a smile on your face once you pass 6250 rpm and the lift kicks in!

just as an aisde i am selling my CTS if you are interested - please see in the for sale section

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links