Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Raspy Exhaust

mr2lover

Hi there

i have just fitted the scorpion exhaust on my mr2 but i was just wondering why it is so raspy under 4rpm and only in the left pipe. i dunno if i like the sound or not.

Does anyone else have this and is it a case of just banging the exhaust ill it stop making the sound. i have ckinda checked for leaks but could see any.

Would a leak do this

Thanks

If it's a custom it could be that the air flow is not even through the backboxes enabling more air to pass through the lef pipe...

is it spanking new???

if so the steel will take a bit to get carbon formation on it. which will dumb out the 'rasping' its basically the gases blatting along the stell surface.

Firstly: Is yours a Turbo?

As they do burble a little when you remove the stock system anyway.

If the system wasn't sealed properly you would hear it when you back off, It'll hesiate/pop a little and sometimes even spit a little flame

Anyway..

Personally I use exhaust wadding but I suppose you want to keep it quite loud :rolleyes:

The gasses take the most direct route. if you want to sort it out, you'll have to put some kind on restrictor in it.

That'll cure the rasping. :thumbsup:

Firstly: Is yours a Turbo?

As they do burble a little when you remove the stock system anyway.

If the system wasn't sealed properly you would hear it when you back off, It'll hesiate/pop a little and sometimes even spit a little flame

Anyway..

Personally I use exhaust wadding but I suppose you want to keep it quite loud  :rolleyes:

The gasses take the most direct route. if you want to sort it out, you'll have to put some kind on restrictor in it.

That'll cure the rasping.  :thumbsup:

Exhaust wadding, tell me more.. is this like oversized wire wool you shove down the pipe?

No not the stuff I use.

You have to open up the Back Box Place it in then weld it shut again.

Pain in the ar5e job, but it had to be done :rolleyes:

I have a bung for my exhaust but i think it may still be a bit too loud, whats this stuff like and where'd you get it?

thanks

Steve

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links