Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Debt Collectors

Steve

Does anyone here know anything about debt collectors.. got a problem whith a company who reckon 8 years later i owe them money

check it out here

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...topic=17450&hl=

Do you really think they have a leg to stand on all this time??

Anyone know any facts??

More than likely a scam dude, i've heard of this before.

They'll send you a bill and a lot of people dont keep records so far back so will cough up on the assumption that credit companies dont make mistakes.

Dont pay it...if its a real dept you will be contacted with a final notice regarding payment and if it is genuine and you wind up being called into court over it just pay it and get them to cancel the hearing :thumbsup: Anyway thats the way i look at it :)

Like you said, you've had a check run and it doesnt show anything ;)

Without upsetting anyone on here or LOC Steve - DONT LISTEN TO ANY REPLIES YOU GET ON THE THREADS......I doubt anyone is an EXPERT - If they are then maybe they should PM you in private......

Straight away - CONTACT the C.A.B.

They are set up to help this sort of situation and will advise accordingly........

HOPE IT GETS SORTED. If you want a HEAVY mob to beatdown the punks when they knock - just put a thread up and collect names - We'll be in it :thumbsup:

Without upsetting anyone on here or LOC Steve - DONT LISTEN TO ANY REPLIES YOU GET ON THE THREADS......I doubt anyone is an EXPERT - If they are then maybe they should PM you in private......

They are set up to help this sort of situation and will advise accordingly........

HOPE IT GETS SORTED. If you want a HEAVY mob to beatdown the punks when they knock - just put a thread up and collect names - We'll be in it :thumbsup:

Best advice ive heard in a while on here...

:rolleyes: Tis a well known scam Gordy, CAB will tell Steve the same once the girl from Tesco's has read the appropriate info file :P ;)

Yep that sounds like a much better idea :thumbsup:

another strange thing is there phone system sucks... it is sometimes engaged and they never have a corporate greeting like most companies.. this company is supposed to be massive

Who ever it is. is not clued up at all

Like you say, They have to tell you all the info they have on you by law! It the freedom of information act

CAB defo the best place to talk to!!

if bayliffs did get involved that cost would double if not treble, as they charge you for the pleasure of their visit

I agree, contact C.A.B. Sounds well dodgy to me though. It is not up to you to prove that you have paid something, it is up to them to prove that you didn't. Even if they took you to court over it and proved that you do owe money you could settle up then and wouldn't get a CCJ.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links