Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

93 Corolla Has No Spark

lpsycho

i need help i have a 93 corolla 1.6 that wont start. i replaced the coil on 11-30-04 for a simmilar prob and it worked. not this time. no spark with a new coil and rotor, and cap. any sugestions?

Which model of Corolla and what year?

Which engine do you have?

P.S. Welcome to the Forum

fixed it! there was a wire that had been shaved so i taped it i replaced the condensor, coil and still no spark. so i rechecked all of it. when i rechecked the fuses i found a large 30 amp blow. it was not blown at first but when i replaced all the bad parts and tried to start it it blew. new fuse it runs great.

some might like to know i have over 180,000 miles on thes corolla!!

lpsycho Posted Today, 03:10 PM

fixed it! there was a wire that had been shaved so i taped it i replaced the condensor, coil and still no spark. so i rechecked all of it. when i rechecked the fuses i found a large 30 amp blow. it was not blown at first but when i replaced all the bad parts and tried to start it it blew. new fuse it runs great. 

Out of curiosity what wire was it and where (this might be of use for other high mileage Corolla owners to look out for)?

Also had this wire 'arcing out' cause damage to the condensor, coil etc.?

the wire that was damaged was the one that connects to the "ignitor" it is a little black thin rectangle with i think three wires coming out. i would ofcourse auggest that someone always check all underhood fuses before attempting any electrical repair like this one. i doubt the bad wire caused any damage to any parts other than the fuse. i know that i have had now two problems in this distributer in less than two months. i knew it would be a matter of time before these things were bad. i spent $4 u.s. on the condensor and $42 u.s. on the coil $1.50 on the fuse.

a pretty cheap fix considering the car needs all these components to operate.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links