Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Got Broken Into

DeusMR2

Some :arrgg-matey: tried to steal my headunit today while I was at uni...the passenger side window is completley smashed to bits but they only managed to take the face-off bit

sooo if anyone has or knows where i can get a replacement window (electric) from, it woulkd be much appreciated!!

is that like tiniting or different?

Also anyone rememeber the name of that spares website where you enter what you want and they call you back with a quote?

Theres one in the Gold discount section if thats who you mean?

Those Films do work, you can have them tinted if you want.

There not bullet proof or owt, but they can take a beating from a baseball bat pretty well.

try toyota themselves! had this happen to a lot of my cars and the dealers prices arent too bad, on my peugeot a scrap yard charged me 20, but it was only 35 from dealer!

just got a quote for £47 delivered from birmingham so I'll be getting that on monday or tuesday. thanks again for the help dudes and im gonna look into that film!

Don't you have autoglass cover on your insurance. You only pay £50 and it doesn't effect your no claims.

I had my Estima broken into not long back and i thought there would be no way they would have a drivers side window in stock for it but they did. Done in 20 minutes.

Unlucky mate i know how fustrating it is, they nicked my DVD and screen etc.

Edited by Gareth B

:ffs: Sorry to hear that :ffs:

Now this security film stuff..... Do you get it installed by a pro company (suggestions) and how much is it?

Sorry to hear about that mate. My mate had his car broken into last week at 5 in the morning, CD player stolen and door wrecked as they burst it open.

Yeah Dale_V, most places that tint windows can also put the security film on your car. I am thinking about it now. The guy at the place that I went to for mine showed me the window he had on his workshop wall for show. It had the security film on it and it looked as if it had taken a real beating, but it was still in one piece because of the film!

Looks like really good stuff!! :thumbsup::yes:

Yeah thats right, any window tint firm.

But its need to be a certain grade and fitted by approved Fitters.

My insurance dropped the price of my policy when I told them I had the stuff fitted.

deus - really feel for you - doesn't half p@@s me off when some :censor: robs some1 else's property..!!

Rash.....

just got a quote for £47 delivered from birmingham so I'll be getting that on monday or tuesday. thanks again for the help dudes and im gonna look into that film!

Sorry to hear that mate.

Hope you get it sorted quick sharp.

Make sure the window you've got on order has the right colour tint.

:thumbsup:

Sorry to hear this mate. Thieving scum want their hands removed :ffs:

Point to remember for everyone though..... Removable faceplates are there to be removed. Stops unnecessary theft, damage and time wasted getting it sorted out after. Lesson learn`t for some methinks. :thumbsup: .

Lesson learnt indeed! I was only away for a few hours so this must have happened between 9:30 and 12:00! I think it mustve been some kid because the palce I park is right next to a school

I'm glad that our 2's have good solid bolts to hold headunits in rather than that unsecure cage thingy with tabs.

And I suppose it couldve been a lot worse...my S-AFC2 was untouched (maybe because its in a roof pod and not in the ashtray so its harder to see!) and the dash only had a small hole next to the headunit where he had tried to lever it out

If I had been unlucky he could have easily keyed my car in frustration...but thankfully it was in a fairly public place. Trouble is I have to park ton that road everyday to goto uni so I'll definatley be getting soem of that film stuff and a good car alarm! (only immobiliser at the mo)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links