Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ct20

Mister2

hey guys.. i have a 91 usdm mr2 that comes with the ct26 turbo. hp figures are about 200hp/200lbs/tq. i want to upgrade to a ct20.. so is it a direct bolt on? will ineed any supporting mods for it? also, what kind of bhp will i be looking at after i put that on? and anyone know good sites to get just the turbo and that can send to u.s?

Tut Tut....been covered heaps of times, search ;)

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.p...&highlite=ct20b

Ok putting it basicly:

1. Take off your CT26

2. Buy a ct20b

3. Take the extra stud off the ct20b flange to downpipe (youll see what i mean if you have both turbos side by side)

4. Drop the ct20b into the car(yes it bolts right up)

5. The turbo support braket will not bolt onto the turbo anymore at both ends (the end on the block bolts fine, but the hole on the turbo side will be missaligned) I believe ppl just let the turbo rest on the bracket in that case

6. Two of your coolant lines will not be long enough to reach the ct20b coolant lines (so use longer hose or the stock 26 coolant lines)

7. Go buy a case of beer for a the weekend job you just performed.

Also noticed the general feeling is there cheaper in the US :)

Cheers

KiwiMR2

ahaha. yes.. i should use the search function first. :!Removed!: :bye: thank u for the write up though! :wub::thumbsup: seems pretty straightforward. a simple "yes" would have been ok :P hmm.. i also found another option for me to go though.. its not a ct20, but an upgraded ct26 upgraded with a garret 47mm turbine. good enough to hold around 1.2 bari think. around $250 usd shipped. seems like abetter deal than a stock ct20 maybe??

ahaha. yes.. i should use the search function first.  :!Removed!: :bye:  thank u for the write up though! :wub:  :thumbsup: seems pretty straightforward. a simple "yes" would have been ok :P  hmm.. i also found another option for me to go though.. its not a ct20, but an upgraded ct26 upgraded with a garret 47mm turbine. good enough to hold around 1.2 bari think. around $250 usd shipped. seems like abetter deal than a stock ct20 maybe??

Sweet as :)

Well Im not a big fan of the upgraded ct26's.......rarther than re-typing just have a read :)

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.p...=28029&hl=ct20b

Im still yet to see any making anything special :)

Cheers

KiwiMR2

interesting read there.. so even if the ct26 im looking at is upgraded, a stock ct20 would be just as good? very interesting.. looks like ill be searching eBay for the next few weeks..

interesting read there.. so even if the ct26 im looking at is upgraded, a stock ct20 would be just as good? very interesting.. looks like ill be searching ebay for the next few weeks..

That's the way I see it, others might see it differently though :)

I just haven't seen enough of them producing the goods, check it out on the US MR2 boards, there's a few pretty long threads on there as well, but quite a few people would agree with me...but in saying that there are more that wouldn't....probably because there are more with upgraded ct26's out there as they are easier to come by :)

Cheers

KiwiMR2

thanks a lot kiwi.. u have been a lot of help. i did find a used ct20b on eBay for about $450usd. has around 65,000 miles on it. has small shaft play however there is a little nick on the compressor wheel. would it affect the turbo performance wise or lower it life expectency? heres the linky.. theres a really good shot of the turbine and the small chip... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...mMakeTrack=true

thanks a lot kiwi.. u have been a lot of help. i did find a used ct20b on ebay for about $450usd. has around 65,000 miles on it. has small shaft play however there is a little nick on the compressor wheel. would it affect the turbo performance wise or lower it life expectency? heres the linky.. theres a really good shot of the turbine and the small chip... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...mMakeTrack=true

Let it go.....by the time you pay for a rebuild it will end up more expensive than waiting & huniting for one in normal condition :)

IMO just keep be patience and keep an eye out for another one.

Cheers

KiwiMR2

thanks a lot kiwi seeing as ur the only one to respond! u also respond to a lot of the other questions i ask. thanks a bunch. anyways, will keep an eye out and keep u guys informed!

thanks a lot kiwi seeing as ur the only one to respond! u also respond to a lot of the other questions i ask. thanks a bunch. anyways, will keep an eye out and keep u guys informed!

No problem dude, glad I could help :)

I always remeber back to when I got my 1st turbo mr2.....the help I got from a few certian people, despite my urges to race out & do things that a few others were doing I held of and listened to them, now Im in a much better position than they are now ;)

Let us know how you get on.

Cheers

KiwiMR2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links