Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Sent Home From Work Today

Roytoner

No chance of that happening here, ball and chain as soon as you enter, frequently whipped by a Slave Driver... :ph34r:

Any plans then?

No chance of that happening here, ball and chain as soon as you enter, frequently whipped by a Slave Driver...  :ph34r:

Any plans then?

Told I am retiling the bathroom , been putting it of for ages :rolleyes:

One lad was off last week & willn't know till tonight he's off. :crybaby:

Edited by Christine & Paul

Went to sign on in work today only to be sent home  :eek:

8 of us are on a weeks holiday and they forgot to tell us  :censor:

They just put you on holiday?

Hope it aint coming out of your holiday allowance matey :P

Went to sign on in work today only to be sent home   :eek:

Yes it is they say a notice was put up last week :eek:

must be in the womens loo cos we can't find it. :wacko:

Went to sign on in work today only to be sent home   :eek:

Yes it is they say a notice was put up last week :eek:

must be in the womens loo cos we can't find it. :wacko:

Dude, there are only 3 days in the year they are allowed to do that (unless it is in your contract)...and those 3 days are near to xmas!

If they want you of work then that should be cool, but they can't take it out of your allowance! :(

Went in to see the union :censor:  and they said not to worry about it.

it will get sorted.  Yah right.

That sucks quite a lot, but hey, get the union to put that in writing and enjoy your week off mate :D

T&GWU arent all they cracked up to be eh? is it not to get rid of your lieu days? they did same to me, but waited till i was on the road before they told me!

sometimes its best to get onto your depot manager, if u get no joy from him then to to regional manager, they arent allowed to mess with holiday allotments unless they have your signature to say you okayed the swap!

my hols this year are bad, wont see the summer.

Doesnt it depend on your contract of employment?

For example, Richs Dad works shifts (earlys one week, lates the next, 6 days a week etc etc) and every 7 weeks his department have a shutdown, and he gets a week off....

He could go into work I suppose, but I think because his whole team are off, theres not much point....

If he did go in, I expect they would send him home too! :D

Otherwise, depending on what your employment contract says - its hard to say whether they are in the wrong - I mean if it states that your employer can decide when you take holiday - then just take the week and enjoy it!

If not, then they are being a bit naughty IMO....

the contract for a bus driver is a bit different, they can change your holidays im told but they have to give you 4 weeks advance notice, and it has to be verbal or personal letter, the note on the wall isnt sufficent!

is it not due to over staffing? i know my place is like this at the mo, we have 14 extra drivers but still struggle to get weekend work covered

is it not due to over staffing? i know my place is like this at the mo, we have 14 extra drivers but still struggle to get weekend work covered

No they said it was put up 2 weeks ago :huh:

And we are so under staffed That they are have taken on 100 peeps from Poland :eek: They are learning to speak English before they come over (next week) their driving license's only last 3 years over here, so they are putting them through their test as soon as they get here :ph34r: We are getting about 25 of them, so it should be good,as the new fleet starts coming in 3 weeks

howcomes you just get put on holiday?

perk of the job!

No they said it was put up 2 weeks ago  :huh:

And we are so under staffed That they are have taken on 100 peeps from Poland  :eek:  They are learning to speak English before they come over (next week) their driving license's only last 3 years over here, so they are putting them through their test as soon as they get here :ph34r:  We are getting about 25 of them, so it should be good,as the new fleet starts coming in 3 weeks

expect a LOT of bother, got an iranian man and a swedish woman at my place and no one can understand a word, speak english but their accent is too strong, will prob end up in control room!!!!

surprised you not gettin drivers from other depots, few drivers at mine have just come back from cambridge.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links