Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Beaten By A Fiesta!

dawolf

Sorry I dont agree Dawolf, just because you cant handle a MR2 that doesnt mean every FWD car, is going to better round corners :rolleyes:

I get fed up with the Evo, Scooby and Skyline boys saying that as it is. :angry:

Also gotta rememember that the suspension in our cars is around 10-15 years old and getting tired. An MR2 with new suspension (stock or otherwise) would easily give any new FWD a run for its money

thats the only problem witht the mr2,   if something quick like a 182 clio or similar hot hatch turns up at the lights beside you folk watching would expect your fast looking mr2 to smoke it!

exactly. sometimes its bad having an n/a mr2 because they look so crazy and then a shi clio burns u off :( NOT good. turbo time i rekon :lol:

even better, get a turbo and put a n/a lid on it, uk rear bumper, GTI-16 Badge and absolutely no VTA BOV! :D

Guy in a probably stock 200sx had a go the other day off the lights, he gave up before i'd hit 60.. :D probably thought his car must be Fu*ked.

yeh but i cudnt afford a group 20 car at 20 as im a student... have basicly given up shopping and drinking to afford a decent car, just gotta play the "im too cool to race card" more often :thumbsup:

yeh but i cudnt afford a group 20 car at 20 as im a student...  have basicly given up shopping and drinking to afford a decent car,  just gotta play the "im too cool to race card" more often :thumbsup:

!Removed! hell, when i was a student er.. between 1995 - 1999 no students had cars, paying the rent was hard enough :eek:

I tell a lie I knew one person that in the 3rd year got an E reg fiat uno.. :blink:

3 words 3sgte celica gt4 . :lol: 4x4 and sticks

back to the cosworth thing cossie have now gone to caterham not bothering with ford too much now

along those lines it nice that lotus has joined force with toyota again to power the elise. Afterall the Mk1 MR2 started as a joint lotus / toyota project.

Where would all us MR2 guys be without lotus,...

probably driving ..... well... guess... er... mid engined.... eeer...fiat X19... ***** ..

Praise the lotus :lol:

back to the cosworth thing cossie have now gone to caterham not bothering with ford too much now

Ford sold Cosworth - to Red Bull.

They will still use Cosworth though, but at a cost...

At the moment, Cosworth are concentrating on race engines.

A Jaguar XK Cosworth is in R&D though.

Don't you just love a bit of inside info ;)

My dad used to have a N/A MR2 and boy was it slow!!!! It had no mods on it and my seat ibiza 2.0l 16v made mince meat out of it!

The cars that i hate'd racing - this in in my ibiza, was saxo VTS's. Man there quick off the mark! :eek:

My dad used to have a N/A MR2 and boy was it slow!!!! It had no mods on it and my seat ibiza 2.0l 16v made mince  meat out of it!

The cars that i hate'd racing - this in in my ibiza, was saxo VTS's. Man there quick off the mark! :eek:

u takin mickey? my n/a skins vts's, was your dads not an fe engine mr2?

My dad used to have a N/A MR2 and boy was it slow!!!! It had no mods on it and my seat ibiza 2.0l 16v made mince  meat out of it!

factory figures for both n/a mr2 and saxo VTS puts them more or less level

vts 128bhp/ton

rev1&2 n/a 128bhp/ton

rev3 n/a 138bhp/ton

as for a 2.0 16valve cupra laughing :D 101bhp per ton, yeah right really fast :drool:

cupra R only manages 152 bhp/ton

tubby no point saying really :D

Ford sold Cosworth - to Red Bull.

They will still use Cosworth though, but at a cost...

At the moment, Cosworth are concentrating on race engines.

A Jaguar XK Cosworth is in R&D though.

Don't you just love a bit of inside info ;)

Cosworth was split in two a while ago - Cosworth Racing (that do the F1 stuff etc), and Cosworth Technologies (that develop engines/transmissions on behalf of OEM manufacturers).

Cosworth Racing was indeed sold by Ford to Red Bull racing, but Cosworth Technologies are owned by AUDI. Presumably it is them who are acting as a consultancy to Jaguar.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links