Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Central (northants) Meet

System~G

A big thanks to everyone who braved the cold (it was f :censor: king freezing) making it a very successful meet :thumbsup:

We started gathering at 6pm in the carpark of Superbowl in Sixfileds and by 6:45 everyone who said they'd be there was there plus about 5 other cars from the two clubs present (Northants Jap and TOC).

At 7pm we headed off in convoy to Milton Keynes where they have the weekly legal cruise. The convoy got split up early on when to some of the "big boys" (supra, MR2, RX7, Scoob and 200SX) decided to have a blast. An Audi TT tried to have a go too but gave up very quickly :lol:

The convoy seemed to regather in a 30mph zone but after when the limit opened to national speeds, it kinda got split again. This is when I noticed it was just Girlyracer and myself had been left behind by the "big boys" and had pulled away from the rest of the group.

We regrouped again in the carpark near the hockey stadium in MK where we parked up. We also met up with Noodle, her other half (sorry dude forgot your name already!!!) and Ray.

Most people meadered (sp?) off to Maccy D's to get much needed coffee with Jesus deciding a Milkshake was more appropriate :rolleyes:

We were later joined by a few more MR2's including a Rev3 Spyder B)

All in all we had 24 cars in our group ranging from my little Corolla up to a R34 GTR kitted GTST Skyline and two highly powered Supras B) The carpark at MK was surprisingly full of a mix of cars mostly max'd bags of bolts but with the odd really tastey motor :) Had a good time and a good laugh at the old bill arresting some chavpondscum muppets after they were caught smoking reefers in their car :lol:

We eventually left after we couldn't take more of the cold at around 9:30pm

It was really good meeting up with old and new faces. Next time we will plan something a little warmer with a better choice of refreshments :thumbsup:

Photos of the Toyota's (appologies for the crap quality, but Jerry has some really nice shots he could possibly also upload?):

Jerry's very clean tubby:

1d988b8c.jpg

The MKII Spyder:

332e49ae.jpg

Insanely powered Supra:

70bb5ae0.jpg

Jesus's stunning example:

c8f2b827.jpg

Girlyracer's clean Starlet GT-Turbo:

c442e239.jpg

Frosty's equaly clean Tubby:

00015cab.jpg

Biff Mysteriously famous Yaris:

25a58e36.jpg

Some of the other Jap cars from the meet:

Honda Civic Del Sol:

f5eaeef4.jpg

Honda CTR:

10bce71a.jpg

New Scoob:

0f6f639e.jpg

S2000:

36152e52.jpg

Zippy's Rex:

fc8e028f.jpg

Green S14:

b8cab41e.jpg

Hi everyone

What a great turn out considering the weather. Man thats was cold. I have never shock so much i'll tell you. Running back and forth to maccy d's to get coffee and hot chocolates to warm up :thumbsup: It was great to put a few faces to name's like. Girl racer sweet looking car you have there girl :thumbsup: Noodle and husband who turned up in a well looked after corolla. Raywong in a yaris SR. Jesus in a super fast mr2 turbo :drool:

Overall it was a good get together. As promised once the weather is better we will pick a better venue for the next mini meet :thumbsup:

Few picture Excuse the quality as it's rather dark ;)

gallery_177_82_1106612732.jpg

gallery_177_82_1106612917.jpg

gallery_177_82_1106613127.jpg

gallery_177_82_1106613369.jpg

gallery_177_82_1106613613.jpg

gallery_177_82_1106613801.jpg

gallery_177_82_1106614000.jpg

Cheers jerry!!

Yeah... enjoyed the evening... just too frickin cold!!!

Nice to have put some names to faces though.

Cheers lads for organising it.

:thumbsup:

It was nice to meet you all even though it was really cold. Myself and quiksilver (boyfriend NOT hubby :P ) had a good time, would have liked to have stayed longer but my tootsies were just too damn cold to be able to handle the weather. Looking forward to going to some more meets (when the weather is nicer). Really wish I had taken my Celica now so will defo be taking my car next time. Quiksilver said where are the piccies of his car.............:lol:

Quiksilver said where are the piccies of his car.............:lol:

I only took photos at Magabowl (with the exception of the MKII MR2 Spyder) - sorry mate. The quality of pics my camera takes at night is so bad not even photoshop ccan sort out the brightness/contrast balance on most of them :(

seems like a successful meet!

But one question, why have you got a miflands meet and a central meet? Isnt it practically the same region?

Would have bigger turnouts then :D

We have north, south, west, and east yorkshire coming to nothern meets, we dont have ones for each and we had 29 cars!

Just a thought ;)

Matt

it's a very gd turnout on sunday considering the freezing weather... it's great to meet more people from the TOC.. :group-cuddles:

looking forward to the next mini meet when the weather is better :thumbsup:

thx

ray

But one question, why have you got a miflands meet and a central meet? Isnt it practically the same region?

We have north, south, west, and east yorkshire coming to nothern meets, we dont have ones for each and we had 29 cars!

Just a thought ;)

Matt

From what I have been led to believ is that Central region caters for those in an area streaching from the M25 (southwards) up to Rugby/Warwickshire (northwards) and from Cambridgeshire (eastwards) to Stourport On Severn (westwards) and everything inbetween.

The Midlands region caters for those who live more north of the Central region but not as far north as the Northern Region (if that all makes sense). Naturally people are welcome to go to whichever meet they wish. Like for instance, If I weren't working on Sunday (daytime) I would have also gone to the Midlands Meet and the Central Meet. The venue where the Midlands meet was held is over two hours drive for most people who came to the central meet.

Just offering lacality and variety :thumbsup:

Just a thought ;)

Matt

From what I have been led to believ is that Central region caters for those in an area streaching from the M25 (southwards) up to Rugby/Warwickshire (northwards) and from Cambridgeshire (eastwards) to Stourport On Severn (westwards) and everything inbetween.

The Midlands region caters for those who live more north of the Central region but not as far north as the Northern Region (if that all makes sense). Naturally people are welcome to go to whichever meet they wish. Like for instance, If I weren't working on Sunday (daytime) I would have also gone to the Midlands Meet and the Central Meet. The venue where the Midlands meet was held is over two hours drive for most people who came to the central meet.

!Removed! hell, didnt realise the region was that big :eek:

Jees was it cold :eek:  !!!

It was a good night! Next time lets have a meet in the sun B)

Yes mate dont worry the next meet will be in the day time for sure :thumbsup:

jerry!!

Just a thought ;)

Matt

!Removed! hell, didnt realise the region was that big :eek:

Just realised a small mistake... The bit of the M25 I am refering to is the streach above (north of) London. The central region does not include London.

Also a good guide is to follow the area from the M25 up the M1 to Rugby (M6 Junction) and the area between the M5 and the M11. Map below:

area.gif

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links