Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Pi 40mm Lowering Springs - Help

dogma

Help,

I recently fitted a set of 40mm Pi lowering springs to my n/a uk '94 MR2

Now, I am sure the car wasn't lowered prior to the installation but for some reason it sits at about the same height.I know what your thinking - oh I bet it was already lowered. Well, I checked the technical data and the standard ground clearance is 135mm. I measured my ground clearance and it comes in at 130mm. So I got a 5mm drop. :(

I was wondering if anyone could give me any advice on what to do next.

I spoke to the company that sold them and they have given me the return address for Pi. However, I am not going to return them because I have already paid to have them fitted and I am not going to pay another 2 times to have them removed and then re-fitted again for obvious reasons.

Has anyone lowered their MR2 40mm, do you have a photo that I can compare with? Am considering taking it to Toyota? Any ideas.

Help............................

I heard somewhere on imoc I think, that sometimes your old springs were so worn that they had lowered over time, so your car was actually lower -40mm than when it should have been. Does that make any sense? I 'll try and find the topic.

cheers,

Michael.

I put -40mm PI lowering springs on my Seat Ibiza about a year ago and it literally slammed the car + they went even lower (-50 mm)when they'd settled. Give it a week and they might make your car rest lower than before, if not take them back.

Also, you know that lowering springs f@@K ya (ive forgot the name of the part of the suspension that the spring rests on!!! :blink: ). I had to replace the suspension after 1 year of use as they were nakkrd on these springs. Apartently the standard shock are designed for the specific spring, thus putting a tighter spring = more force applied as they dont absorbe the shock = crack!!!

It mite be wise to send them back, save and buy a full system.

:thumbsup:

Nice one guys.

Think I am going to replace my standard springs for now.

Am going to save for a complete set up with shortened shocks, any recommendations.

Cheers

Si

I was always told Koni do the best. Also Avo coil overs mite be the best bet so you can adjust the ride height yourself.

springs do take time to settle aswell

normally a week to get the full lowered height as the steel 'cures' under the weigh

Nice one for pic.

To be fair mine is not far off that. If i give it a few more days it could get there

Handling loads better now, stiffer, feel the road better, responds better into the bends. Makes me wonder how goos a proper set would be..............

u wanna go for a ride in bibbs car mate but dont do it with a hangover

Dunno what you mean :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links