Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Whirring Sound From Wheel

mrrandom

when i drive now there is a whirring sound coming from one of the wheels and seems to be worse when i brake??? would it be the wheel berring or maybe the break pads??? dont have a clue.... while irritating, just drove 2 hours with it and now i got splitting headake.....radio dont even drown it out..

does sound like a shot wheel bearing to me aswell

check gearbox oil aswell

could be a number of things. wheel bearing, or once i had a stone trapped between my brake disc and shield and that was bad at low speed. Also make sure your pads have not worn down to the screech prongs - as they make a noise too.

Sounds like a wheel bearing if its continuous, if/when you get it changed do both sides, good chance the other one will be on the way out as well.

Could even be a CV joint (check the gator for a split).. but if it gets louder wen u turn a certain way it more than likely a wheel baring.

just a little question barry....has your yari been repaired then?

I think all these problems are with the Clio, he didn’t have major problems with the Yaris (apart from the bumps)

naw my yaris is still off the road. got the value estimate..... was £3200 + VAT.. :-( although that might come down...if it's that high the insurance comapnies will write it off. I have no doubt about that. Thjere are things on the list like stearing rack that may not be needed, and a side skirt that may be able to be bent back and things like that.

And the voice of reason, must u always get ur little cheap shots in? Keep your personal comments to yourself and it will be much abliged.

I have figured out that I am almost certain it is the break disks and the sound isn't constant. comes and goes. sounds like metal on metal.

And the voice of reason, must u always get ur little cheap shots in? Keep your personal comments to yourself and it will be much abliged.

Actually I was being genuine about you for once. I didn’t mean it to sound as it reads, no offence Barry.

:thumbsup:

Youll get used to it :lol::lol:

Sorry voice :!Removed!:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links