Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Japfest Preperations....

TheNissanMan

Just a quick thought what is everyone else doing in preperation for Saturday ??

I've posted about my changes/prep, Scot's been cleaning/polishing car and alloys and installed a fire extinguisher to cover worst case scenario on track, what is everyone else doing ????

hopefully getting the old bird back on the road...........

had a word with the shop she's going to japfest no matter what she runningh like and it looks like she going to running like a bag 0f the peverbial s*@T.

dont think it going to get sorted by thursday night.

have to bring her home then to do all the cosmetic prep for saturday.

that goes back to looking good and having nowt under the bonnet thing again... :(

it'll get there if i have to push the !Removed! thing,, at worst case we have a car trailer down the yard and i have access to a motor with a towbar,,,, cough cough splutter splutter....... :angry:

Does anyone know if there will be a dent remover bloke there or not? I've got two parking injuries I need removing ASAP before I get anymore depressed about them!]

Has anyone done any TOC numberplate covers? Are we using the spec sheets?

Steve.

I'm trying to find the location of my old spec sheet....

Still haven't had the upgraded graphics to put on it but will be the same as last time....

I'll post when I have found it with the location :)

When you talk about spec sheets, excuse my complete biff head ignorence, but do you mean lists of engine parts and cosmentic upgrades etc that you then attach to the car for joe public to read,,,, or am i totaly missing the point,,,,,,,,,and i dont have any number pate covers can i just remove mine when on site..... :lol:

oh now i see,,,,,,do you mind if i take a copy of that steve and fill in my details for saturday.. :D

Well that would generally be the idea - I've made it as a word templet file (.dot) for people to fill in - I know Ryan had allready done one but couldn't find it so I made this one up - don't mean to stand on your toes ryan but do you think we should try and get everyone using the same one, either this or yours if you find it?

Cheers,

Steve.

got the templates now thanks fellas..... will get it filled in and laminated for saturday.....

i have access to a laminating machine at work so if anybody wants to print a new copy of theirs off, give it to me with their address, i will laminate it for you and return it by post. not a problem. it gives it that little bit better weather proofing and durability........ :)

Hi everyone

Does anyone know if there is anywhere to wash the cars down or a quick rinse at castle combe? Or will it be left down to carrying bottles of water?

jerry!!

There is a BP two secs away from the competitors entrance of combe but don't think it has a car wash so think it wil be bottles of water :(

Am sure there will be a tap somewhere around combe though if you need more water.....

Bllody typical evening, got my rev 6 lights :), started painting them and have run out of paint :(

Hmmmmm....

Rain held off for a little while last night so got busy, end result for now looks a little something like this....

s_after.jpg

What do you guys think ????

that looks smart..........and at least yours is running.......£85 for a new camshaft............ £150 the pair......!Removed! rip off.......should have joined gold earlier...... :( :(

havent got them yet mate,,,,,that was just the cheapest quote i got......went onto 247spares.co.uk and registered the want with them. they then ring all the dismantlers on their database and they ring you if they have any.........just waiting to hear from another garage that has a celica supra sat in the yard doing nowt as to wether i can go down and whip some parts of it for a nominal fee....if not might have to put the old bird up on ramps till end of month.......join GOLD and see if i can get them any cheaper.

other option is to find out if any other make or model of car camshaft will fit her.......might be able to fit a set off a 2.8i ford capri but still working on that one :(

not a happy teddy at the mo

Is it a twin cam? didnt think the capri was........

Have u tried the toyota enthusiasts club, someone thier might help u. Is the engine a 5MG-E...

Whats wrong with it exactly.... is it the lobes/bearings/ or journals? can u het it machined? lots of questions :D

havent acualy seen the prob at the moment scot but i believe its the lobes. five is wearing slightly and six is as flat a pancake.......

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links