Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Theory Test

Rookey

Hey guys,

As you may well know, I had a bit of driving licence trouble a few weeks back...

well I have my theory test tomorrow and haven't revised at all, just been taking the practise question tests online...all of which im either getting 34/35, or im maxing it and getting 35/35...

the only thing I am a tad worried about as I dont know what to expect ("fear the unexpected" n all that!) is the hazard test. Anyone have any pointers for this, as I really can't afford to fail :thumbsup:

Cheers

Dave

Hazzard test....... my mrs passed 1st time in december she only practiced with a disc i got the morning of her test.

you just gotta keep your eyes on the road.. don.t over click either.. but click on every hazzard you see.

They only want a certain amount of hazzards per clip just one or two... but there could be 3 or 4 in each....... you don't get marked down for clicking other hazzards but you are supposed to get the ones they want you to get....... ie you could see a junction and click but a few yards later a fire engine appears from nowhere.

If you can download a copy of the disc it will help a little... but the test is slightly different from wat the disc tells you.

My wifes advice for you is to stay calm and relaxed and don't get worked up over it you WILL pass the hazzard test without a problem :)

Hazzard test....... my mrs passed 1st time in december  she only practiced with a disc i got the morning of her test.

you just gotta keep your eyes on the road.. don.t over click either.. but click on every hazzard you see.

They only want a certain amount of hazzards per clip  just one or two...  but there could be 3 or 4 in each....... you don't get marked down for clicking other hazzards  but you are supposed to get the ones they want you to get.......  ie  you could see a junction and click  but a few yards later  a fire engine appears from nowhere.

If you can download a copy of the disc it will help a little... but the test is slightly different from wat the disc tells you.

My wifes advice for you is to stay calm  and  relaxed  and don't get worked up over it  you WILL pass the hazzard test without a problem :)

Good stuff, I think I will, just being careful as I dont wana be full of pride, think im going to do it then fail, I would rather get other peoples help or opinions etc so I can go in better prepared :P

My advise for Hazard section (I got 56 :)) would be when you see a Hazard click, click again then if it gets worse click 2x more. You can do about 8 clicks before they say cheat.

IE.

Your driving down a road, a 100 Yards infront is a road joining onto yours, you see a cyclist coming down the road towards the road your on, click as he may just pull out, then click again when he does pull out on you.

Yeh good luck! Its not that hard :)

My advise for Hazard section (I got 56 :)) would be when you see a Hazard click, click again then if it gets worse click 2x more. You can do about 8 clicks before they say cheat.

IE.

Your driving down a road, a 100 Yards infront is a road joining onto yours, you see a cyclist coming down the road towards the road your on, click as he may just pull out, then click again when he does pull out on you.

Yeh good luck! Its not that hard :)

Awesome :P

Cheers dude! :D

click on potential hazard before they happen.

This is the mistake i made, say you see a junction... click on it before anything happens....

Best of luck mate!

I didnt take it either, but from what I heard about it, just do what Matt suggests and click on everything that could be a potential hazard.....

You'll do great - you'll be getting your shiny pink license before you know it! :thumbsup:

click on potential hazard before they happen.

This is the mistake i made, say you see a junction... click on it before anything happens....

Is that your advice or what you didnt do?lol

Also...

"You'll do great - you'll be getting your shiny pink license before you know it!"

That is all if I send off for it!hehe

How can you hope to pass a hazard awareness test when you didn't even foresee the potential hazard of not sending off your pass certificate. :P

pmsl

You WILL pass m8 no problem.. don't be over confident but don't be to nervous either... take it as it comes and you will be fine

How can you hope to pass a hazard awareness test when you didn't even foresee the potential hazard of not sending off your pass certificate. :P

PMSL :lol::lol::lol: Numpty :P :lol:

thats what i DIDNT do rookey lol!

I failed first time coz i was click WHEN the hazard happens, but you need to click BEFORE it happens :D

You'll do great - you'll be getting your shiny pink license before you know it!  :thumbsup:

And when you do, stick it under a neon/UV light and it glows yellow hallmarks!! Ace!

Can't help on this im afraid... past my theory before hazzard test was introduced! (Got 35/35 in the process! *cough* geek *cough* show off *cough* tw@ *cough*)

:lol::thumbsup:

need to click when its a potential AND when its an actual hazard, i took the psv one which is supposed to be bit tougher but its a peice of ubik, dont worry bout it, as long as u have common sense you'll be fine

Good luck Rookey :group-cuddles:

I thought we were on first name basis! doh! :lol:

Cheers for everyone's support and input...

Passed with flying colours :D

34/35 and 68/75....i didnt even revise!lol

but then, I HAVE been driving for over 2 years!lol

But god help me if I see a "minimum speed" sign....never even knew they existed! :P :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links