Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ae82 Bits Wanted!

TWIN CAM ALLY

Hi, hav jus joined this forum n hav jus bought my 4th AE82, woz wonderin if n e 1 had a passenger wing and a parcel shelf for my AE82, white wing would b great but wil consider n e colour also wing off gl model of similar year, blue/black shelf would b great. Can n e 1 elp pls

:yes: Oh ace :yes: another 80's Sporty Corolla :thumbsup:

AE82 GT a great car

For spares try this person a few months back he was offering second hand AE82 spares his title is WAGARY and his number is 07866064435

...He used to own 27 AE82's once!

Front wing...hmm...rusty around the wheelarche and sidelight pod?

I take it your Sunroof is okay (not full of holes at the corners), you can still get that panel from Toyota (at a horiffic price :censor: ) and your rear brake calipers are okay?

As for the faults, don't worry the AE92 GTi suffers the same

Welcome 4AGE Corolla engined driver :D

if waqarv hasn't got a good wing, you can still get them as pattern parts and from toyota. unfortunately, you can't get the sunroof from toyota anymore - i enquired about last october, when i had my last AE82, and they've been discontinued. i tried a few dealers as well. and no one makes them as a pattern part, so you're best trying to repair the one that's on it.

i have a brown parcel shelf, but i guess that's not much use to you. :D

got any pics of your motor? :thumbsup:

:yes: Oh ace  :yes:  another 80's Sporty Corolla :thumbsup:

AE82 GT a great car

For spares try this person a few months back he was offering second hand AE82 spares his title is WAGARY and his number is 07866064435

I take it your Sunroof is okay (not full of holes at the corners), you can still get that panel from Toyota (at a horiffic price :censor: ) and your rear brake calipers are okay?

Welcome 4AGE Corolla engined driver  :D

AE82 GT a great car

hi mate and welcome.... get some pics of you rolla posted :thumbsup:

Rash

AE82 GT a great car

Fanx Gti all the faults u mentioned r present, n have tried this geezer n no luk will keep lukin, am tryin 2 get hold of an old gl, n will srip it for panels!

Fanx 4 the info Gti, have tried waqary and no luk, sunroof is ok jus goin in 1 corner, rear brake calipers r weak generally is ok apart from the passenger wing, Rash how do u go bout gettin pics on this site? JT the parcel shelf would b great ill jus get it recovered!

TWIN CAM ALLY  Yesterday, 09:40 PM Post

Fanx 4 the info Gti, have tried waqary and no luk, sunroof is ok jus goin in 1 corner, rear brake calipers r weak generally is ok apart from the passenger wing,

TWIN CAM ALLY Please be careful if you get a second hand wing (and if you order a pattern part from a Motor factors) ...because to my knowledge there are at least 4 different wing types for the AE82 Corolla.

The 4/5 Door has 2 different kinds of front wing which will not fit (due to waste line and sidelight pod shape)

Then theres two kinds for the hatchback (one with holes for wheel arch and one without)

This place has some pictures in the body panels section:

http://www.carpanels.co.uk/index_catalogues.htm

My friend who had a Black AE82GT found this out the hard way when aquired a 'GL' wing for another friends Red AE82GT ...it didn't fit at all.

JT Posted Yesterday, 03:12 PM

unfortunately, you can't get the sunroof from toyota anymore - i enquired about last october, when i had my last AE82, and they've been discontinued. i tried a few dealers as well. and no one makes them as a pattern part, so you're best trying to repair the one that's on it.

Oh my they were still available a couple of years ago, sorry.

JT Posted Yesterday, 03:12 PM

unfortunately, you can't get the sunroof from toyota anymore - i enquired about last october, when i had my last AE82, and they've been discontinued. i tried a few dealers as well. and no one makes them as a pattern part, so you're best trying to repair the one that's on it.

Oh my they were still available a couple of years ago, sorry.

it's only very recently that they've run out, i think. when i first bought my last AE82 (April 2003) i went and got a price on one (about £170 + VAT if i remember), then i went again to buy it in October, and got told they'd run out. but on the car i have now, rob fitted a genuine new sunroof panel to it sometime last year, so it was only then that they ran out.

Twincam Ally, email me james.taylor243@ntlworld.com if you want it. you can have it for £5 plus postage if you dont wanna pick it up. just let me know. if you're not a gold member, you have to host you photos at somehwerre like this Picturetrail, then link them in your post :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links