Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Does Your Car Wonder?

dudeone

Ever since collecting my 2 I have noticed that when going in a strait line it felt like it wondered a little, ive now done 1345 miles in my 2 since collecting it and its MOT.

Has the 2 on some ramps today to drain the gearbox oil and re-fill it and took a look at all of the suspension bushed etc, found that both front ball joints had acres of play so hopefully that will now solve my problem.

I must admit that I am little surprised that they where not picked up on the MOT but then I guess wear and tear is to blame, oh well more money.. ;)

Dave

Mine often wonders. It wonders why it isn't a Ferrari. Then i tell it that i'm too poor and it wonders no more.

It has a tendancy to wander to the left occasionally as well :lol::lol::lol:

is it the same roads .. they WILL tramline on inside lanes on M'ways due to the ruts that trucks create ..

i think i read this somewhere else that all cars (rhd)are made to slowly steer to the left incase u fall asleep at the wheel and remember most roads are cambered a little to aid the drainage of water, correct me if im wrong cos im not sure if its true

i think i read this somewhere else that all cars (rhd)are made to slowly steer to the left incase u fall asleep at the wheel  and remember most roads are cambered a little to aid the drainage of water,   correct me if im wrong cos im not sure if its true

Sounds like :censor: to me, cars should go streight if they are on a flat surface, its probably just the camber of the road that makes the car steer left slightly.

Dudeone don't worry about it unless it is really noticable. I hit my starlet on a kerb ages ago and the steering wheel had to be held at a ninety degree angle to go in a straight line :lol: but i think that as the rest of the guys where posting roads slope a bit to the left to allow for drainage so thats why it happens. I have noticed it myself a couple of times that if you let go of the wheel the car will pull slightly to the left. But don't worry about it should be ok :thumbsup:

Your car probably will wander to the left due to the camber. To test if it is just the camber find a quiet road and drive on the wrong side of the road, you should then wander to the right, if you still wander to the left then get it sorted quick! :thumbsup:

Mine has come to the point where you cant drive it over 40mph.. took her in and the garage dude says I need new shocks all round.. I'm hoping this will cure it!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links