Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cool Car!

Karma Supra

I was bored today at work.. so was looking for car pics.. (as you do)

I stumbled accross this beauty... which is apparently a 1933 Ford roadster.. although I'm not sure how much of the original car is left!!!!!

Whaddya reckon folks?

hotrod03.jpg

:D

Nice....doesnt look real though :lol: its too smooth and clean :thumbsup:

Very nice, always wanted a 1957 Chevy to turn into a hot rod, alas the Lottery has never been kind to me ;)

seen some of these close up at some shows theres some incredible work and attention to detail go into them

with the lumpiest v8s youve ever heard!

You guys may like the Rod Millen Lexus Street Rod here

Lexus Street Rod

Lexus_front.jpg

The Lexus Street Rod is based on a ’32 roadster and was created to showcase a specially modified Lexus GS 400 V8, producing more than 400 horsepower.

The Lexus Street Rod is the result of an unusual collaboration of expertise resulting from partnership of Lexus, Toyota Racing Development (TRD) USA, Inc., MillenWorks, and California Street Rods.

The GS 400’s all-aluminum 4.0-liter V8 features 32 valves, four cams and the first use of continuously variable valve timing in a V8 engine to produce a strong 300 horsepower in production trim. Engineers at TRD, USA, set to work increasing output based on their experience building Indy car and off-road racing engines.

Lexus_rear.jpg

The V8 is topped by eight carbon-fiber velocity stacks with integrated air screens. Each cylinder has its own 2-inch diameter throttle body for maximum airflow. A new intake manifold system adapted from TRD’s 4.7-liter desert off-road racing V8 is used and the Lexus VVT-i continuously variable valve timing computer map was revised to provide intake valve advance of 30 degrees of crank angles from 1,500 to 7,800 rpm. Camshaft lift was increased from production lift of 0.350 inch to 0.385. The GS 400 V8’s compact size and lightweight made it an ideal fit in the open engine bay of the ’32 Street Rod. To further streamline the package, TRD engineers relocated the power steering pump to the center of the engine’s "V" by means of a custom-engineered adapter. The power steering system is otherwise the same as the GS 400. Virtually all other components are production items. With these modifications, the Lexus Street Rod produces 400 horsepower at 8,200 rpm with a stock compression ratio of 10.5 to1.

Lexus_interior.jpg

The Lexus Street Rod’s original concept was penned by noted designer Larry Woods, and the ’32 roadster body work and custom interior were crafted by California Street Rods of Huntington Beach, Calif. Styling design was kept subtle and simple to complement the proportions of the original body work. The engine bay has removable side panels to showcase the carefully finished Lexus powerplant. A split "Du Vall" type windshield adds character to the upper body and integrates with a subtle chromed accent strip extending forward to the radiator Shell. Paint finish is candy Apple three-coat red, custom mixed by PPG Industries.

Chassis engineering and fabrication were completed by MillenWorks. Rod Millen guided development of the Lexus Street Rod’s sophisticated chassis. "Since this car is intended to be driven, not just parked and admired," said Millen, "the chassis and running rear had to match the sophistication of the Lexus powertrain. Wherever possible, we used components from the GS 400. They’re state-of-the-art, lightweight and compact, making them ideal for a hot rod."

Lexus_interior2.jpg

The Lexus 5-speed automatic transmission retains the unique E-shift manual shift controls mounted on a modified Lexus GS 400 steering wheel. Similar to Formula-One type semi-automatic shifting systems, Lexus E-shift permits manual up and downshift control with a touch of the thumb or forefinger. Sophisticated double-wishbone suspension at all four corners provides outstanding road holding. Steering inputs are handled by a modified Lexus GS 400 power steering rack. Springs and shocks are activated via pullrods and rockers in front and via rocker arms at the rear. Custom springs were supplied by Eibach. BFGoodrich Comp T/A ZR tires, sized 8x17 inches front, 11x18 inches rear.

A partner with Lexus on special editions of the ES 300 and LS 400 sedans, Coach Leather provided hides to trim the Street Rod’s interior in a light buff color with a thin red leather accent running throughout the interior.

Brakes are Brembo four piston calipers with Brembo discs mounted on stock Lexus hubs and half shafts. A Lexus GS 400 limited slip differential is also employed and uses a 4.27:1 final drive ratio to compensate for the larger rear wheels and tires.

I think its lovely - really simple, elegant lines.

And bags of oomph!

You gotta love the '32 model B :D

I thinka lexus V8 would be wrong ina hot rod though.. far to smooth and refined... :yes:

To me these are proper Custom cars and a few years back Custom Car and Modified car Mags used to be full of this sort of thing (as well as good ole V8 muscle Cars) and brilliant it was to. Nowadays so called 'Modified car' mags like Sad'n'Sour (Max Power) and 'Sheds' (Revs) seem to be interested in the latest Barry Boy with his Vauxhall Corsa!

A lexus hot rod thats interesting but I do think Karma Supra has a good point: perhaps a Lexus V8 may be a little to 'Smooth'. Even so very nice vehicle.

My favorite Hot Rods are not so much the 'show rods' but the 'salt flat/ desert racer' style ...Flat head V8, still in primer, not so much chrome and a little dusty :thumbsup: .

a agree

'rods need to have that 'if i tick over too long im just gonna pack-up' noise

Custom car is a great mag!!!!!

I hardly ever see it about though....

I thinka  lexus V8 would be wrong ina  hot rod though.. far to smooth and refined...  :yes:

hmmm - maybe.

I have the 4.3 V8 in mine - and it is really smooth and refined.

but then - the car has been deisgned to be smooth, and quiet etc.

you rev it hard with the hood up, and it makes a hell of a nice noise.

If you put it in a car without that sound deadening etc - would sound the part I reckon.

hummm

just noticed a MAJOR flaw on that Lex 'rod! look at the steering wheel!

The Lexus V8 is one of the smoothest engines I have ever come accross that is not a straight 6 or V12 (lines of six have excellent harmonics).

I remember playing with a few of the earlier 4.0 (UZ-FE is it??) back in my soarer days..

Many regard it as one of the best engines to come out of japan (along side the lesser known 1JZ-GTE) and indeed one of the best full stop :thumbsup:

The bolt on supercharger kit for it is very nice indeed :D

I remember playing with a few of the earlier 4.0 (UZ-FE is it??) back in my soarer days..

hehehe - prolly recognise this then

43600050_G.sized.jpg

thats my dads LS400 - we picked it up on Monday

Sweet!!!! :thumbsup:

AS the mounts are very similar, along with the eletronics I was going to drop one in my old red Mk3 supra, after its second engine died.. just for the sake of having a V8 supra, with a bulletproof engine...

I ended up just scrapping it and getting the black one instead :ph34r:

AS the mounts are very similar, along with the eletronics I was going to drop one in my old red Mk3 supra, after its second engine died.. just for the sake of having a V8 supra, with a bulletproof engine...

that would have been sweeet

hummm

you mean the way its attached to the dashboard?

hummm

you mean the way its attached to the dashboard?

Nah its on the wrong side :hokus-pokus:

One change I would have made....

-suicide doors :thumbsup:

Nah its on the wrong side  :hokus-pokus:

One change I would have made....

-suicide doors  :thumbsup:

its an american car :huh:

suicide doors - I agree.

would be more in keeping with the look of the car. :thumbsup:

now its just a big white chunky plastic std lex thing!

a nice chrome wheel like the car at the first post would have been a more appropriate choice

IMHO anyway :P

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links