Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Crystal Clear Fronts

c_master

I've just bought some crystal clear fronts on e-bay from ultimatestyling.com and they arrived today. They only cost £47 which i thought was good since mtte.com want £100+.

However they have no side-light compartment/bulb. Just the indicator and reflector! Is this normal with aftermarket replacement crystal clears or are these just a cheapo version.

Please let me know ASAP, those who have them, as i only have 7 days to return them. They better accept them back if you can get them with the sideys! :angry:

they are for UK spec cars

a little mod can be done to fit the sidelight

there was a how to on IMOC but i cant find it now its changed!

ill be back!

All the diamond clears are the same.. made for the american MR2..

you have to drill a hole to put your side lights into.. its an easy job... just drill the hole and file it into the shape you want.. and then put em in..

they dont have to be perfect mate.. trust me.. as you cant tell the difference once they are on.. :thumbsup:

good price by the way.. :yes:

you have to drill a hole to put your side lights into.. its an easy job... just drill the hole and file it into the shape you want.. and then put em in..

they dont have to be perfect mate.. trust me.. as you cant tell the difference once they are on..  :thumbsup:

good price by the way..  :yes:

I thought that but on close inspection, the compartment isnt even present. I mean, if i just put a bulb in, it wouldnt be separated from the indicator compartment, and the lights would merge when they were both on!

I think theyre gonna have to go back. I've got clears anyway but the stock ones are a bit hazy. oh well :(

If i'm still wrong, please correct me asap :thumbsup:

and if he is right, who do peeps recommend as a supplier of the compartmented, easy to drill clears - (phew). :unsure:

they dont have to be perfect mate.. trust me.. as you cant tell the difference once they are on..  :thumbsup:

good price by the way..  :yes:

I thought that but on close inspection, the compartment isnt even present. I mean, if i just put a bulb in, it wouldnt be separated from the indicator compartment, and the lights would merge when they were both on!

I think theyre gonna have to go back. I've got clears anyway but the stock ones are a bit hazy. oh well :(

If i'm still wrong, please correct me asap :thumbsup:

erm.. mine aint seperate.. and what you mean about merging? your sidelights will only merge when indicating.. which aint a problem at all.

and if he is right, who do peeps recommend as a supplier of the compartmented, easy to drill clears - (phew).  :unsure:

LOL, that would have been my next question! However...

There is only one compartment for both bulbs but both seem to light up seperately.

So dont worry.

Russ

Was thinking that the sidelight would light up the whole indicator compartment rather than just a square bit, but thats probably not a bad thing. If eveyones are the same then fine, I'll be keeping em then. Dremel it is!

Big thumbs up for the help fellas :thumbsup:

Now i just need some illegal silver indicator bulbs. (For track use of course!!) :lol:

and if he is right, who do peeps recommend as a supplier of the compartmented, easy to drill clears - (phew).  :unsure:

There is only one compartment for both bulbs but both seem to light up seperately.

So dont worry.

Russ

Was thinking that the sidelight would light up the whole indicator compartment rather than just a square bit, but thats probably not a bad thing. If eveyones are the same then fine, I'll be keeping em then. Dremel it is!

Now i just need some illegal silver indicator bulbs. (For track use of course!!) :lol:

erm.. the back is just some crappy plastic not the same material as the front of the lamp which is see through...

so you wont need any special drill ... :wacko:

So dont worry.

Russ

erm.. the back is just some crappy plastic not the same material as the front of the lamp which is see through...

so you wont need any special drill ... :wacko:

LOL, I know mate, ive already got em!! Also have a dremel anyway though :lol::thumbsup:

There's no problem with the lights, that's how they are made. Drilling the hole is quite straight forward but it can be tricky making it bigger so the bulb fits in. Then you have to try and get the bulb to stay securely in place, I used a bit of glue.

Now i just need some illegal silver indicator bulbs. (For track use of course!!)  :lol:

you mean like mine? B)

MR21.jpg

:yes::drool:

Just bought a pair from espdesign.co.uk. Special offer £9.95 and free deliv :thumbsup:

nwo all you need as well are some LED sidelights..  :yes:  :thumbsup:

Hmm, not sure. Are they cool or not??? I suppose green would be quite nice as my cars Goodwood Green. <_<

Or did u just mean bright white? Gonna get some xenon heads while im at it anyway. In extreme white. :thumbsup:

nwo all you need as well are some LED sidelights..  :yes:  :thumbsup:

Hmm, not sure. Are they cool or not??? I suppose green would be quite nice as my cars Goodwood Green. <_<

Or did u just mean bright white? Gonna get some xenon heads while im at it anyway. In extreme white. :thumbsup:

nahh.. i aint chattin about crap cheap stuff... these sidelights ahve 5 mini LED's in them that light up.. Ive got them on mine.. and have opted for the blue tint ones.. more like a blue haze...

You can get bright white as well.. and yeah.. they look great.. well.. i like em and had soem good feedback on them.. :thumbsup:

There's no problem with the lights, that's how they are made. Drilling the hole is quite straight forward but it can be tricky making it bigger so the bulb fits in. Then you have to try and get the bulb to stay securely in place, I used a bit of glue.

Or.... you could drill a perfectly sized hole so they push in nicely! :P

By the way... hi chaps n chapesses!

LOL, thats what i thought. Where you get these posh LEDs from fizz then fizz? B)

LOL, thats what i thought ;) . Where you get ur posh LEDs from fizz? B)

Just to conclude this thread, ive fitted the clears now and they look amazing, especially with the silver bulbs.

The way that the siver backing is shaped means that the area where the side light goes does not light up when the indicator flashes, even though it isnt a separate compartment, like Russ said. Brill :thumbsup: Very happy with them.

Will post some pics of my car when ive got my alloys B)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links