Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What Should I Do?

sera_beetle

Mod more or wait acouple of year till i can afford the insurance on a RX7 type car?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Mod more or wait acouple of year till i can afford the insurance on a RX7 type car?

• Have interior re-trimmed
    • Do a Turbo hybrid on the sera
    • Both of the above and keep modding
    • Just carry on doing little mods (i.e tints)
    • wait years for something else more powerful
    • Dude it's a classic don't butcher it!

Ok peeps i'm really not shore what to do next :!Removed!: :crybaby:

As far as the car goes i have had it a year now and spent loads :eek: sorting it out (click garage to see). the car is great now engine running nice and handles far better than when i bought it.

but i am thinking about the next stage! having a retrim (the seats really lets the car down :( ) this will cost quite a bit! :eek: but for what i have in mind but will look great.

Then i could swap the engine with a starlet gt or turbo the one i have :D . But it would be 160bhp (ish) in fwd drive and i think i would have to keep the car for a few years to get my moneys worth <_< . This all costs lots of money so i'm thinking....

......What about drive the sera as is for a years, and wait for my insurance to go down and buy a sporter car rear wheel drive 200bhp+ you know :D

I really like the trill of drive it is a very big passion of mine like most for you on this forum :D

So i have made this poll to see if i'm being very silly spending all this money on this

little car ? should i just be happy with what i have and then by a 'proper sports car'

Thanks for your imput :thumbsup:

Tim :thumbsup:

turbo and retrim!

dont wait for new powerful cars

you have to go old school for that!!

cars are becoming poxy MPG and emmison orientated things most of the time these days! :ffs:

turbo and retrim!

dont wait for new powerful cars

you have to go old school for that!!

cars are becoming poxy MPG and emmison orientated things most of the time these days!  :ffs:

I don't agree with the turbo conversion as it is a lot of money just to get 160bhp on a Sera, would be nice but personally i would just make it a stunning standard car which is very unique in the UK in it's own right ;)

ahh fair do's

was my concern on doing such to the yaris ;)

3s-gte Yaris would rock :yes: , glanza Sera hybrid well done if brave enough to do it but as Tim would like big bhp eventually then it would be money down the drain for him :thumbsup:

3s yaris would certainly be a stormer! but a crazy bit of work to fulfil!

any way! on topic woth tims original question :lol:

I'd keep any mods as subtle as possible, especially if you're not planning on keeping the car too long. Personalise it too much and you may find it harder to find a buyer.

Retrim the seats if they need it, but modding just for the sake of it will just mean you're spending money that you could be saving towards your RX.

Rich

Thanks for your imput guys. the thing is it would be the fatest sera in the uk which must add value. 160 isn't alot but it is a very light car and theres a post on here saying how some people in supra's and ceilca's were surpised how hard it was to keep up with.

It's food for thought.

It looks like th retrim will be done anyway now.

Hopfully a few more people will use this poll :D

Tim :thumbsup:

TIMMMY!!!!!!!!

lol, hi mate, i would go for the retrim and see how you feel after thats been done because the retrim is well needed in any Toyota thats not leather!! Im not sure what Toyota were thinking when putting the type on interiors in the cars that they have but hey, thats one of lifes little mystery's!!!!!

As far as the turbo goes i think it would be best to eye up a possible way of doing it, work out costs and then a bit for contingency(as NOTHING goes to plan) then see if spending that money is worthwhile. I would love to do an engine conversion on the seo, but do not think that it will be worthwhile especially as im headng down the styling route like oli!

Keep us posted Tim and ill ring you when i get the car back!

Matt

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links