Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

3s-gte Engine

Boost Devil

how much would this cost, a 1994 3S-GTE engine with ecu,wiring harness, turbo is still attached and all in great condition and basicly the whole engine except for gerbox and InterCooler, it has done 20,000 miles

any ideas guys?

how much would this cost, a 1994 3S-GTE engine with ecu,wiring harness, turbo is still attached and all in great condition and basicly the whole engine except for gerbox and InterCooler, it has done 20,000 miles

any ideas guys?

Why no gearbox, intercooler isn't no prob but the gearbox could be, also is it a MR2 or a GT4 3s-gte?

GT4 mate, is there a big difference between the two mr2 gt4 engines, oh and i think the box has been sold seperate.

if your looking to sell it, Ian Smith @ Toyauto Centre may take it....... He works on GT4 only (well, 1 or 2 exceptions a year ;-) )

He might be ablr to use it, or know someone that does.

But only if you describe the engine to him exactly.....He knows everything about them (so dont say its mint if its not for example ;-) ) cos he will be able to tell.

Oh, and i doubt you would get £2800 for it from anyone, unless they're either desperate, or just daft. (sorry)

a brand now short block from Mr T is £1200 with crank, rods, pistons, and bearings etc. (I Will remove this last bit if anyone doesn't feel its fair me putting it there!)

Thanks guys, i bought 2 of these engines because i was going to use one for my project engine... but seeing as the other was just as cheap i thought id get them both, was going to put new crank rods forged pistons in the project engine.. as i was going for some big power...and run my car on its original engine untill the project had its internal replaced and cams then swap em over, i cant grumble i got them both for a very good price, but im going to have a steady supply of these engines so il just make a healthy profit from them selling them on again.

:thumbsup:

GT4 mate, is there a big difference between the two mr2 gt4 engines, oh and i think the box has been sold seperate.

There's not THAT much difference between the GT4 & MR2 3sgte's.....certinaly not a "big" difference.

Cheers

KiwiMR2

There's not THAT much difference between the GT4 & MR2 3sgte's.....certinaly not a "big" difference.

Cheers

KiwiMR2

what are the differences?

Well in short the extra 10hp odd that is quoted in factory specs is becasue of the water to air intercooler vs the air to air one in the MR2.

The lower cambelt cover is different to match the different curvature of the engine mount. The black metal plate under the camshaft pulleys is different too to match the lower cover.

The crank pulley is different to suit the different belt layout.

There are very minor differences in the block fittings, but not the casting. The MR2 has studs fitted for the alternator bracket (the Celica power steering bracket in the same location uses bolts), whereas the Celica inner engine-gearbox bracket uses a stud where the MR2 has unused holes. All easily swapped if your putting a GT-4 one in the MR2. The MR2 block has two dowel pins on the rear of the block for an unknown purpose, to fit the Celica exhaust bracket one of these must be ground flush. Otherwise the short block and sump are identical in everyway.

The water and oil pumps are the same, although the radiator hose junction at the end of the head is significantly different. The gearbox end radiator hose goes rearwards on the Celica, and forwards on the MR2. The casting is more complex on the MR2. Incidentally the Celica 3S-GE casting is different to the GT-Four casting too.

The main differences are the engine ancillaries. The MR2 has the alternator mounted on the rear of the block, the Celica on the front up top. Obviously the brackets are different too. The air conditioning pumps are of a different design, although mounting in the same place. The Celica has a power steering pump, the MR2 pump is electric mounted up front of the car.

The wiring harness is totally different on the MR2 because of the different layout. The Celica one includes half the fusebox and interfaces more with the car's main harness.

Cheers

KiwiMR2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links