Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ice

stuarto

People are telling me to change the ICE (assuming I buy a T Sport with standard).

I have had a look at the guides in the 'how to' section on installing a new head unit and/or CD changer, have many of you followed them and if so is it as easy as it looks?

Do you all worry about theft of your pride and joy, I've had 2 lots of ICE taken from an XR2i (no laughing please!) I owned millions of years ago. This has put me off installing expensive equipment since.

I suppose it depends on how subtle the install is. I wouldn't want a sub, but definitely want decent power output. Can u fit an amp under the seat of a T Sport?

:rolleyes:

The how to's were very usefull, ive fitted all my ice and followed the instilation for the headunit fine :thumbsup:

If you worried about theft then sort yourself out with an aftermarket alarm, headunit with detachable face and a stelth shelf which will hide rear Speakers

Any ideas about door speaker upgrades to hide them away somehow?

Can you explain this a bit?? The Door Speakers are behind the inner door card.... it has a built in speaker grille.

if you worried about theft u just have to remember that it will take them a really long time to remove the head unit as it is installed from the back and you have to remove the entire part of the central dash to get to it. they will prob give up as soon as they relise.

Yeah ive put mine in the little pocket above the ashtray. Had 2 modify the surrounding plate for it to fit properly but it looks good :)

The good old Coin Tray trick (toyota are so clever!)

Chris is right, especially if you have a Virgin dash, never penetrated! He had to swing off mine to get the head unit in, lets just say its bound to attract attention. Another top tip is not to go driving into a scroat area with your tunes booming through open windows - they know you've got something a bit special in there then!

The deadlock feature of the Yaris's central locking is also pretty nifty, and with an aftermarket alarm your laughing! (Although the T-Sport should come with one anyway)

It's also easier to cable if you whizz the front passenger seat out... As we found! (Beware sharp edges, skin loss is a high possibility!) :hokus-pokus:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links