Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Thatcham

monty

i have recently taken out a new insurance policy and the girl on the phone asked if i have a thatcham alarm fitted..

not being quite sure i said yes to speed things up... dumb eh???

i know my 2005 t-sport comes with a factory fitted alarm but is it thatcham ??? if it's not then i cannot get insurance through this company as they say i NEED to have a thatcham alarm to get cover.. or ill have to sell my car

please help

it will most likely be thatcham but wether its 1 or 2 i dunno.

depends on what kind it is , you can get some great accessories like proximity sensors ie when someone looks into the window for more than 20 seconds the alarm sounds , stuff like that.i have the toad ai606 in my gt4 only cos in japan they dont fit alarms , and i can't fault it YET.

humm, does that mean my celica has a thatcham cat 1 alarm installed??

It has the factory fitted system which is listed there and says TC1 in the column??

Doh! They asked me if it had a Thatcham Alarm - I said "Dunno it's got a factory fitted alarm" and they said if it was cat 1 I'd have an installers certificate which I would have to photocopy and send to them.

COuld I point them to this as proof that my alarm is cat1??

cat 1 in simple terms is alarm plus immobiliser , cat 2 is just an alarm

Well you've been very helpful there maleborn!

When I looked for insurance Norwich Union were the cheapest but when I came to actually doing it they refused to cover the car for theft unless I had a cat1 alarm/imobiliser.

So next year I should be able to go with them and save a bit. Cheers Mate :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links