Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mr2 Ice Problems Please Help Me!

jascer

Hi all... i hope that someone on here has some serious Ice knowledge..... OK MR2 active speaker system........ i have bought the correct Harness..... and now the tricky bit, im wiring into a computer..... so i have my phono to line in lead from the pc and i also have my 4 phono cables from the wiring harness.....

ok........ when i connect the phono leads from the computer to the stock amp the stock amp kicks in and plays music like you never heard it...Wicked!!!!!

However as i have had to power the stock amp from the ignition when i turn engine off the amp bangs off...... and when i turn it on again it bangs back on again.......... thats problem number one.

Problem number two is serious feedback that seems to be coming from the power steering as i can change the pitch of the whine when i turn the wheel...... so to combat the two problems i bought a high to low noise reducer and a ground loop isolator........ This does take out alot of the whine however it is still resident, and when there is no signal into the phone cables like when the pc is booting i can hear loud alternator noise with the rev of the engine........ thats problems 2 + 3 please could someone help me get these beasties out!

I dont want to install another amp and have to re wire all the Speakers, i just want something to stop all the whining and banging.

if theres interference there then you will never get rid of it only supress it slightly, may seem like a hard way but it is the best option, re wire it!

Hi.

Most problems relating to feedback and a 'bang' sound with stereos and amps are all to do with bad earth !!.

I had this problem on one of my old cars, try scratching the paint off where you earth the amp. make the earth wire as short as poss from the amp to the body.

also, make sure (dunno if this applies) that all your equipment is earthed to the same place !!!, try not to earth to multiple points on the body !

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links