Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My Car No Longer Farts!

Fizz

For those who have a stock BOV along with an after market induction kit like the Apexi... you will have obviously noticed and experianced that every now and then you get, what can only be described as a '!Removed!' sound! :wacko:

This has always bugged me and i thought that the only way to solve this problem would be by getting an after market BOV! <_<

This was until a lad from IMOC Eddie aka 'rev3turbo' showed me how to solve this! Also very kindly took pics for me! top man. :thumbsup:

"Off one of the vac pipes on the standard bov there is a little one way valve,,,, turn it round it stops it n makes the other noise awesome"

"The valve is in the clip (held by the raised ring around the middle of the valve)"

"just pop it out release the 2 spring clips on the 2 small pipes pull both pipes off n re install the other way round (basically turn the valve 180 degrees)"

This pic shows where the white plastic valve is...

gallery_3181_86_1107021781.jpg

This is a closer pic...

gallery_3181_86_1107021828.jpg

Again.. cheers to him for helping me with this and i thought i would pass on the info for those who care!...

I rememebr that DuesMR2 for one has this problem.. :yes:

I dont have a stock bov and i have a blitz induction, but glad you got it sorted

its a pain in the rear end when things start making strange sounds <_<

i like that farting noise :o

i hope you are joking.. :lol:

it actually now sounds like the chatter off a cossie.. but not as loud.. B)

lol... I used to think the sound was funny!

Wasn't there a similar post a few weeks back by Pizzaboy? Turned out that it wasn't a good idea to do this and it could cause probs!?!?

I'm sure it went along the lines of.... the chatter noise you hear now is the air going back and hitting the turbo blades.

In other words... not a good idea!!

the chatter noise you hear now is the air going back and hitting the turbo blades.

In other words... not a good idea!!

if this is the case.. surely it's a big NO NO!

hmm.... :eek:

i think i might be changing that back round tomorra...

Is there any reason why i cant make this problem go away by sending the excess pressure into the engine bay...??

you have a rev 3 mate... why not just discconect the BOV hose and bung it off? This will make it vent to atmos. You also shouldn't experience ANY weird idle issues etc as you have a MAP sensor.

yep what jim said! jsut disconnect the hose and bung up the hole in the intake pipe

no more farting noise and you get a hella loud whooshing noise instead apparently! :D

yep what jim said! jsut disconnect the hose and bung up the hole in the intake pipe

no more farting noise and you get a hella loud whooshing noise instead apparently! :D

I presume you are chatting about these hoses??? bung them both up?

gallery_3181_86_1107038552.jpg

Fizz Thought you was going to tell us you was not going to eat anymore Fish Cakes  :P  :P

I said my car.. not my posterior... :P

I presume you are chatting about these hoses??? bung them both up?

gallery_3181_86_1107038552.jpg

no!

the hose that heads towards the induction kit area from the BOV. It's an inch or so wide. Cut it from the Bov and bung it up. Leaving the BOV side open.

right.. just spoke to Mo again.. and just wondering exactly why this methoed is bad for the turbo?

If you reverse that valve.. where is the pressure going to go to?

I have not experianced any problems with the boost which means that it cant be affecting the boost? so where is it going? :wacko:

back towards the turbo blades... possibly when you come off boost.. hence the chatter noise.

been told that the 'chatter' noice could come from the actuator? is this true?

Poor fizz hasnt gone his turbo for long and already he wants to blow the turbo up  :lol:

j/k  :D

its all fun and games bud... :rolleyes:

back towards the turbo blades... possibly when you come off boost.. hence the chatter noise.

from the actuator ?? dunno how that would be poss.... mmm

from the actuator ?? dunno how that would be poss.... mmm

also between gear changes if that pressure was going back to the turbo blades you would notice erratic boost when you initially put your foot back on the gas?? would you not?

supposedly not, or at least Pizzaboyo didn't. Just heard the above... if it is the case, then obviously it's not too good for your turbo!!

supposedly not, or at least Pizzaboyo didn't. Just heard the above... if it is the case, then obviously it's not too good for your turbo!!

is Mr. Pizzaboy on MSN.. wouldn;t mind havin a chat... :yes:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links