Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My Car No Longer Farts!

Fizz

yep what jim said! jsut disconnect the hose and bung up the hole in the intake pipe

no more farting noise and you get a hella loud whooshing noise instead apparently! :D

Are there any drawbacks to disconnecting this pipe? Why does it feed back to the intake and not just into the air as standard?

Mine only seems to !Removed! as I go to boost but lift off during or before spooling.

Joe

There arnt any drawbacks from disconnecting this pipe for a rev3+ engine. Toyota probably kept it recirc for whatever reasons - cost (they would have had to make a new intake pipe and made a proper pipe for the BOV) and possibly sound regulations or that they just didnt want the sound

There arnt any drawbacks from disconnecting this pipe for a rev3+ engine. Toyota probably kept it recirc for whatever reasons - cost (they would have had to make a new intake pipe and made a proper pipe for the BOV) and possibly sound regulations or that they just didnt want the sound

I'll give it a go then, I presume it's going to be a lot louder!? I've only got a stock BOV. Is it best to leave the pipe connected to the BOV or completely remove it?

Joe

Havnt done it myself since Ive got a rev2, but apparently its louder than most aftermarkets BOVs! Id leave the pipe on and try and face it downwards to prevent water getting inside

Havnt done it myself since Ive got a rev2, but apparently its louder than most aftermarkets BOVs! Id leave the pipe on and try and face it downwards to prevent water getting inside

Just what I was thinking about, the pipe and water :yes:

Joe

Guest rev3turbo

hi,

i'm here now originator of this thread since talking to fizz,

here we go,

as standard where does excess boost go on lift off??? recirc bov??? back into the air box n hence onto turbine blades, pls correct me if wrong!

i have done a lot of work with turbo charged cars over the last 10 odd years so i wouldn't offer advise to damage a unit.

i was just experimenting with different configurations of piping cos i do have an after market BOV albeit plumbed into the intercooler hose, but hey y spend silly money on a HKS when they are there to do a job i.e. vent off excess pressure! the noise is just a by product.

the problem i had was upon disconnecting standard bov vac pipe i couldn't reach full boost, don't know the reason for this yet!

since fitting an A'pexi intake i heard the '!Removed!' n was most unimpressed with it, i saw a post on IMOC about turning the one way valve around to stop it, n it worked woohoo!!

then noticed the cossiesque actuator chatter present so more config of piping, as i have set now, i have, piston BOV (vent to atmos) standard BOV (vent to atmos) bov to intake piped bunged up and no farts but still the sweet actuator chatter, so many noises i get confused lol.

i'm pretty new to the 3s-gte but learning fast, still would like to know why i drop boost when i disconnect the vac pipe to standard bov tho seems a strange one!!

cheers peeps, Mo

Guest rev3turbo

no no the vac to original is connected now, cos when i disconnect and block it off and then plumb aftermarket bov into original vac, it it drops boost, no idea why.

but something i shall be looking into at the w/end

hi,

i'm here now originator of this thread since talking to fizz,

here we go,

as standard where does excess boost go on lift off??? recirc bov??? back into the air box n hence onto turbine blades, pls correct me if wrong!

i have done a lot of work with turbo charged cars over the last 10 odd years so i wouldn't offer advise to damage a unit.

i was just experimenting with different configurations of piping cos i do have an after market BOV albeit plumbed into the intercooler hose, but hey y spend silly money on a HKS when they are there to do a job i.e. vent off excess pressure! the noise is just a by product.

the problem i had was upon disconnecting standard bov vac pipe i couldn't reach full boost, don't know the reason for this yet!

since fitting an A'pexi intake i heard the '!Removed!' n was most unimpressed with it, i saw a post on IMOC about turning the one way valve around to stop it, n it worked woohoo!!

then noticed the cossiesque actuator chatter present so more config of piping, as i have set now, i have, piston BOV (vent to atmos) standard BOV (vent to atmos)  bov to intake piped bunged up and no farts but still the sweet actuator chatter, so many noises i get confused lol.

i'm pretty new to the 3s-gte but learning fast, still would like to know why i drop boost when i disconnect the vac pipe to standard bov tho  seems a strange one!!

cheers peeps, Mo

You've totally lost me?!? LOL!

:wacko:

Joe

no no  the vac to original is connected now, cos when i disconnect and block it off and then plumb aftermarket bov into original vac,  it it drops boost, no idea why.

Hey mate, just read your profile. Your from sunny scunny too?!

You don't own that white rev three that parks outside Shots bar, do you?

Joe

no no  the vac to original is connected now, cos when i disconnect and block it off and then plumb aftermarket bov into original vac,  it it drops boost, no idea why.

Hey mate, just read your profile. Your from sunny scunny too?!

You don't own that white rev three that parks outside Shots bar, do you?

Joe

Nope, he owns a Rev 3 Tubby in the same colour as my car.. :thumbsup:

Guest rev3turbo

no m8 as fizz said i got a rev3 carrib blue (tin top :ffs: )

i see that there all the time, infact never seen it on the road just always at shots!!

gimme a wave if u see me, i'm always out n about

no m8 as fizz said i got a rev3 carrib blue (tin top :ffs: )

i see that there all the time, infact never seen it on the road just always at shots!!

gimme a wave if u see me, i'm always out n about

Will do mate :thumbsup:

Joe

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links