Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Lsd Questions....

Jimlad

Ok... Some of you may know that a while back now I got Kaaz LSD and shafts fitted to my car.

My car is a rev1 tubby and originally didn't have LSD.

The LSD chatters (which I've been told is normal). I've also heard that you can stop it with some good LSD oil. Can anyone recommend any ?

Also.... I have a standard MR2 Turbo non LSD gearbox, what difference does this make if any? I'm aware you can get LSD boxes etc. If I was to change gearbox oil do I use a LSD one now ? Or still normal ?? Anyone recommend any gearbox oil I should use ?

I'm slightly confused... lol. Thanks for any help !!

I know you can get LSD oil... but is that simply for the LSD? or do you use it in the g.box ??

See... I'm a confused !

Use it in the gearbox as what you have is a transaxle which is a gearbox with the differential integrated into it. Don't use "ordinary" gearbox oil as that has friction reducing additives in it which will diminish the working of the LSD (and the idea behind it). This may be the reason why your diff chatters. Downside to all this is that it will shorten the life of your box.

Yves.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links