Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Apexi Power Intake Fitted!

c_master

Fitted an apexi power intake today, by the way, anyone else find the very last screw that holds the big bit of plastic you remove (that doesnt have the filter in) an absolute :censor: to get at! I had to stick my arms up the side intake and do it blind! Other than that plain sailing. :wacko:

Anyway, it sounds absolutely brilliant, but.... when i took it for a spin, it felt less powerfull than before. It seemed a bit slower up the rev range and you didnt get the sort of burst of power that usually kicks in around 4000 revs ( late N/A drivers will know what i mean).

Now is it just my imagination. The sound is much deeper and doesnt sound as thrashy at higher revs so i thought it might just be because of this that i was THINKING there was less power but actually there's more. And said burst of power could be absent as the power is now there, evenly, from the start of the rev range.

I hope its in my head cos i love the sound. Not much of a POWER intake otherwise. Can anyone shed some light on this or give your experiences. i know a few of you in here have this intake. Some must have it on a N/A 2.

Cheers :thumbsup:

Get yourself a cold air box, then you've got the best of both worlds.

Minimum restriction, good airflow, lovely noise, no heat soak.

Fitted an apexi power intake today, by the way, anyone else find the very last screw that holds the big bit of plastic you remove (that doesnt have the filter in) an absolute  :censor:  to get at!  I had to stick my arms up the side intake and do it blind!  Other than that plain sailing.  :wacko:

Anyway, it sounds absolutely brilliant, but....  when i took it for a spin, it felt less powerfull than before. It seemed a bit slower up the rev range and you didnt get the sort of burst of power that usually kicks in around 4000 revs ( late N/A drivers will know what i mean).

Now is it just my imagination.  The sound is much deeper and doesnt sound as thrashy at higher revs so i thought it might just be because of this that i was THINKING there was less power but actually there's more.  And said burst of power could be absent as the power is now there, evenly, from the start of the rev range.

I hope its in my head cos i love the sound. Not much of a POWER intake otherwise.  Can anyone shed some light on this or give your experiences. i know a few of you in here have this intake.  Some must have it on a N/A 2.

Cheers  :thumbsup:

I agree with jesus, its probably a heat soak problem. You could get a cold air box or you could route a piece of pipe from the side air vent so it scoops up the air and blows it on the filter.

I agree with jesus, its probably a heat soak problem. You could get a cold air box or you could route a piece of pipe from the side air vent so it scoops up the air and blows it on the filter.

Wasn't heat soak cos it seemed different from cold. Anyway, went out again today and it seemed as good as before, if not a bit better. Didnt have burst in power though but was probably less restricted and better up to 4000 rpm, as i thought.

Ive concluded that it must have been because my dad was in the car yesterday and i was subconciously holding back a bit :rolleyes: . Love the sound, would def. recommend the intake. :thumbsup:

i fitted one to my tubby a few months ago and noticed a similar thing. it seemed less powerful and the turbo seemed to stall a bit between changes, and the car drank twice as much fuel as normal!

ive got standard zorst and cat and although im sure dumping these will help. i shouldnt have to to reap rewards? <_<

sounds great with that whole whoosh, pssstt thing going on but i removed it after 1 week and am not fitting it again until i get decat and chip.

any opinions? :unsure:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links