Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Optimistic

Demonic Angel

I got a calling card from the police on Thursday - the local beat officer had popped by to speak to me, but I was at work - so he left his number on a card - he put that he needed to take a statement of my injuries from the accident.... (only 2 months late, but never mind!)

Anyhoo, I spoke to the officer today, as I was unsure as to why he needed a statement from me as I had told the police about my injuries and they saw me being stretchered off to the hospital and they spoke to the doctors, so they know what my initial injuries were....

He is coming by next weekend to take this statement, its for the Crown Prosecution Service apparently, which is leading me to believe they may have caught someone..... I'm optimistic anyway.

Why else would they need a statement from me if it wasnt for prosecution? Does anyone know how the legal stuff works? Would the Crown Prosecution Service be involved if they hadn't been caught?

As far as i know.. (i no expert by any means).. thne CPS only get involved when the police are preparing a case.

But remember .. i'm in Scotland.. so the law could be different.

EDIT: Up here you can also get a visit from the council of defence too also asking for a statement. Just make sure they match lol.

As far as i know.. (i no expert by any means).. thne CPS only get involved when the police are preparing a case.

But remember .. i'm in Scotland.. so the law could be different.

EDIT: Up here  you can also get a visit from the council of defence too    also asking for a statement.    Just make sure they match  lol.

Thats what I thought..... I'm sure the rules dont differ too much up in Scotland....

If so, thats just wonderful news! Wont get my hopes up til I actually speak to him properly, well I'll try not to! :thumbsup:

Beginning to believe in our police force again! :yes:

DA,

It sounds like good news, but don't get your hopes too high until you know that something is actually happening... these things can fall through right at the last moment. They can also take ages between things seeming to happen.

I know that that sounds really pessimistic - I jjst don't want you to be too dissappointed when there's this spark of action and then nothing :thumbsup:

Take care,

Alan

DA,

It sounds like good news, but don't get your hopes too high until you know that something is actually happening... these things can fall through right at the last moment. They can also take ages between things seeming to happen.

I know that that sounds really pessimistic - I jjst don't want you to be too dissappointed when there's this spark of action and then nothing :thumbsup:

Take care,

Alan

Cheers Alan

I'm more pleased for insurance purposes than anything as my insurance company cant start to recoup any of the costs from the other cars insurance until the police caught someone (although I dont know if they have to catch and charge them or what?) I desperately want to see my 2 years no claims again!

Will try not to get my hopes up and just see what the cops have to tell me on Saturday - just have your fingers crossed for me and hope its all good! :thumbsup:

yeah good luck, just been readin old posts to find out what happened and its sent shivers down me spine! if police dont prosecute the **** then just put their names and adresses on here and im sure justice will be served.

yeah good luck, just been readin old posts to find out what happened and its sent shivers down me spine! if police dont prosecute the **** then just put their names and adresses on here and im sure justice will be served.

Cheers mate - I really hope justice is done!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links