Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Water Temp

GiJoe90

Ok people, picked my car up on Friday and really enjoyed the long drive home ~(think I saw Asha on the M62?)

Anyway, a couple of questions.

1. When driving along at 70-80 the temp gauge seems to read very low (well below half way). When I sit in traffic it goes up to what I would consider "normal" level then set off again and it drops right down? It also takes a long time to warm up.

2. The washer jets don't work. I checked the system and there was no water so I topped it up but they still don't work? Any ideas? I can't hear a pump or anything when I pull on the washer stalk

I'll get you some picture soon with my new wheels on :)

Joe

Sounds like the thermostat is stuck open. Which is better than stuck shut. Apoparently there is a spring clip which pings off. Quite common. :) Best to get it changed to keep the engine operating at max efficiency :thumbsup: . As for the washers could be a fuse or the washer motor has had it. :thumbsup:

Cheers for the replys, just been out in it again. Getting more used to her now :D .

I'll get the thermostat checked when I take it for a service on Tuesday, along with the washer jet problem and a few other things :wacko: (think its going to be expensive!)

Joe

Peace of cake to replace the thermostat.

Put it in a boiling cup of water though, just to check if it is that whats faulty.

Oh and for future reference the temp always stay the same: traffic/motorway driving/ even when giving it death on a circuit.

as dak says clip on the top comes off , had this problem on my celica st202. £ 17 for a new stat .

If you've got the cash, and have to change your thermostat anyway... go for the TRD sports thermostat. Starts cooling the car 10oC before stock.

Nice colour by the way... ;) :P

If you've got the cash, and have to change your thermostat anyway... go for the TRD sports thermostat. Starts cooling the car 10oC before stock.

Nice colour by the way...  ;)  :P

Likewise mate :P

Ok, I'll look into that one, Fensport I'm guessing for the part?

Joe

Peace of cake to replace the thermostat.

Put it in a boiling cup of water though, just to check if it is that whats faulty.

Oh and for future reference the temp always stay the same: traffic/motorway driving/ even when giving it death on a circuit.

When you say it's easy to change the thermostat, how "easy" do you mean. I'm no pro mechanic!! :D

Joe

It's down nearish to the intercooler, dipstick and downpipe... well, that sort of area!

You don't even need to drain the coolant to do the job.

If you do it yourself, I can't emphasize enough how important it is to ensure there are no air bubbles left in the system. This will cause hot spots, and eventually kill your coolant system.

It's down nearish to the intercooler, dipstick and downpipe... well, that sort of area!

You don't even need to drain the coolant to do the job.

If you do it yourself, I can't emphasize enough how important it is to ensure there are no air bubbles left in the system. This will cause hot spots, and eventually kill your coolant system.

Mmmmmmmmmm airbubbles............., brings back memories of bleeding a k-series cooling system a few times. Nightmare!!

Joe

toyota water works are sensitive, i'd stick with trd or o/e :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links