Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hmm Clutch Pedal Problems

BLOODUK

Started up this car this morning, only went a few yards and noticed my foot was only going less than half the way on the clutch pedal, then all of a sudden it wouldnt go into gear.. the clutch pedal just wasnt come up. I turned the engine off, started it again retried same thing!

So i had an idea, i put my foot underneath the pedal and pushed it towards me, suddenly it just flung back up into its right place and has worked all day!! Only problem now is it seems to squeek when i let the pedal out after changing gear.

Changing gear has never been a problem, always goes into gear... but this morning the pedal was abit naff.

have you had a look at it?

at what? what am i looking for

how do i fix the pedal problem?

Can i just oil it maybe it got stuck because

it was left in gear over night on a hill. :huh:

How much oil is in there?

It shouldnt sieze just because you left it in gear.

Personally I'd strip it down just to make sure everything is in good working order.

this sounds like what happened to me the pedal would get stuck to the floor and the biteing point was really low but if you put your foot underneath the pedal and lift it would come back and work fine for a while

toyota had a look and told me to change the master clutch cylinder so i ordered that from fensport had it fitted problem solved

toyota had a look and told me to change the master clutch cylinder so i ordered that from fensport had it fitted problem solved

How much? dont tell me its really expensive :huh:

Hmmm i just went out and tested the pedal seems fine now a little bit of squeek, but it comes up with force if i let go and it changes to every gear, and it never got stuck to the floor it just got stuck halfway up... My dad seems to think it maybe the spring mechanism near the pedal.

Ill check it tomorrow, aslong as ican drive the car safely to dover on tuesday :wacko:

the master clutch cylinder is bout £70 odd from fensport with vat and delivery my toyota garage check my car over for free if i think i have something wrong with maybe you should ask them to have a look for you

my pedal was getting stuck to the floor so maybe yours isn't that, it did squeek slightly though

my pedal was getting stuck to the floor so maybe yours isn't that, it did squeek slightly though

Could just be the spring for the pedal or cylinder fluid, ill take a look tomorrow

when its brighter... but as i said it never got stuck to the floor it just got stuck halfway ie i could push it down to the floor and it would come up halfway instead of all the way.

Found out what the problem was, an OLD wire from the prevous alarm had fallen and got cought in the return spring of the clutch pedal, this was preventing it from coming up... me pushing it up , pushed the wire out the way.

So ive tierapped it to the car out of the way!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links