Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Vs Intrega

Mitz

sorry bro, but in direct comparo between Corolla TS and Civic Type R, in top gear mag, with slight wet road, Corolla TS was actually faster at 0-60, 0-62 and 1/4 mile runs... i have mag with comparo

;-)

of course, at perfect conditions, CTR is faster, but then again, I guess it doesnt really rain in the UK a lot

:P

sure, CTR is a lot more drivers car, but for most people it gets tiring during normal driving... which is why most people here drove both CTR and TS and decided to buy TS... for the money you save, you can lower it and put wider tyres which makes the car handle much better...heck, i was thinking of puttin 18" tires on my TS, but on my bad roads, it is already barely acceptable... if I had CTR, i would probably go crazy within a month

and TS weight is 1230... thats with all the extras included... not bad at all... plus it sounds terrific ;-)

Hi,

I dont know where your from mate ;)

By the way, i said Top Gear but ive checked and it was actually the Driven program on TV not the Top Gear program.

It was a test between the 172/T sport/CTR timed over a set distance on a private testing track thats set up like a road not track, if that makes sense?

Ive got the mpegs on the PC of the whole thing but cant upload due to no server space and a poor 56k connection :angry:

So why does the CTR get tiring during normal driving?? Im puzzled by that???

Obviously people here choose the T-Sport, same as on civic forum they choose the CTR for probably the opposite reasons u choose the T-Sport ;)

For me i dont need toys, A/C, traction control etc. I just wanted a quickish, reliable, standard car where no mods were needed......for now :D

I understand the reason for lowering the car, as most cars suspensions are designed for 2 adults, 2 kids + 2 suitcases. So that area can be improved. Fitting larger wheels though wont necessarily give better performance, may improve handling (not always) and will more than likely decrease acceleration but improve top end speed unless originally designed to to have that size wheel on ;) Does look nice though :P

Back to the CTR being poor in the wet, ask anyone with a CTR and its down to the RE040 Potenza's fitted as standard. There great in the dry but too hard for the wet road. Toyo T1 Proxies or Federal SS595s are going on mine shortly which have been said by many to greatly improve its handling in the wet.

Ive never actually heard what the T-Sport sounds like at the top of its rev range, but the CTR also sounds great from 6k to the limiter. :thumbsup:

All in there both excellant cars for the cash, if we all choose the same car life would be boring eh ;)

Civic type R gets tiring because to drive it like it was meant to be driven, u have to rev it into the red line to get the performance from it - some people just find it too much cos u have to drive it like a mentalist to make it go :drool:

Sam

Civic type R gets tiring because to drive it like it was meant to be driven, u have to rev it into the red line to get the performance from it - some people just find it too much cos u have to drive it like a mentalist to make it go :drool:

Sam

haha im sorry mate but thats not true. Thats always the first complaint anyone comes up with about the CTR :lol:

For a start, doesnt the CTS work in a similar way???

Torque is important, and from 3000k the CTR has 90% available and does not drop below this all the way to the red line. For a NA car thats pretty impressive.

I-VTEC is not like the old VTEC engines used in the other Type-Rs which were pretty dead when not on second cam.

i'm not gonna argue with you, it is the widespread view of most people that you have to thrash the CTR otherwise it just feels like a normal civic!

of course you're not going to agree with the statement as you own one :P

:)

i'm not gonna argue with you, it is the widespread view of most people that you have to thrash the CTR otherwise it just feels like a normal civic!

of course you're not going to agree with the statement as you own one :P

:)

Wide spread opinion of people who generally have not drove a CTR mate. ;)

Have you test drove one? A good test drive, not 30mins down the road :)

Like i said, its the first thing people pick on if they dont have a CTR because basically there aint anything else too pick on apart from the MPV looks etc. :rolleyes:

JPS2390:

CTS has 80% of Torque at 1600 rpm, and 90% at 2200-2400 and from this point it goes straight up till 195.

The test spwolf mentiond was in BBC Top Gear, i bought the article in pdf, if anybody wants it, send me an e-mail.

I like CTR's suspension, but only on a racetrack. :IMHO: I hate its loox (techno-power- cheap-crap-sticker-spoiler-style for me), and van type gear lever, the interior is poor too. :/IMHO:

The price is comparable, but in CTS you get VSC, Climate Control and 2 side airbags. VSC and airbags may be really useful. VSC especially in wintertime.

As for performance, both cars are the same for me, a I street-killed Type R's as many times as they killed me. The same on 1/4 mile. On a track I'll check 1 of June :D

It just depends what you want. I wanted a streetcar with racetrack performance.

You wanted racetrack car with racetrack performance. ;)

JPS2390:

CTS has 80% of Torque at 1600 rpm, and 90% at 2200-2400 and from this point it goes straight up till 195.

The test spwolf mentiond was in BBC Top Gear, i bought the article in pdf, if anybody wants it, send me an e-mail.

I like CTR's suspension, but only on a racetrack. :IMHO: I hate its loox (techno-power- cheap-crap-sticker-spoiler-style for me), and van type gear lever, the interior is poor too. :/IMHO:

The price is comparable, but in CTS you get VSC, Climate Control and 2 side airbags. VSC and airbags may be really useful. VSC especially in wintertime.

As for performance, both cars are the same for me, a I street-killed Type R's as many times as they killed me. The same on 1/4 mile. On a track I'll check 1 of June :D

It just depends what you want. I wanted a streetcar with racetrack performance.

You wanted racetrack car with racetrack performance. ;)

Looks of the CTR arnt to everyones taste i agree. Its like Marmite, u either love it or hate it. I love it :P

Sort of understand what you mean by the suspension. But with uprated/performance cars its a compromise between comfort & handling. It usually gets slated for being a little 'numb' because of the EPS, but once you become familiar with the car its actually easier to read the car. Probably would be better with normal hydraulic power steering though.

Unfortunetly the gear lever/box is now becoming known as one of the best ever on a production car. How is it 'van type'? Never seen a van with one there? (not that i drive vans like)

Now, BTCC type i would agree :P

Interior...well for £16k u dont get much these days, if i wanted top quality interior id go for audi/vw but then u lose the handling/performance at that price band. I wanted a car to drive, not really bothered about the inside, although its not too bad IMO (great seats for a start). The GF's Yaris T Sport on the other hand does appear a little tacky to me with fake Carbon fibre and awful rough looking plastic :unsure:

So to sum up: CTS suspension is more on a comfort side, CTR's on handling.

By "van type" I meant the position it is mounted, not the way it works. I know it's super-smooth. It is mounted almost the same way we had it in old Polonez car made in Poland back at the beginning of 80's :D (now it;s still being made by Daewoo :eek: )

About interior i didn't mean quality, but looks, - dull and cheap. I envy your seats, thoug. :ffs:

i am glad this is mellowing out... both CTR and CTS are nice cars bro...

but seriously, honda made mistake by not putting at least an LSD on CTR... which is why it cant put power properly to its front wheels in slight damp conditions... (understandable - front wheels, 200 HP)...

as to normal driving - as I said, CTS is already harsh enough for me... I know CTR is by default much rougher (and hence better in turns), but it would be unacceptable for me...

you do get more kit and better looking interior in CTS, but ppl who buy CTR dont care obviously... but to tell you the truth, I bet if there was a CTR version with kit same as CTS, most ppl would buy that car ;-)... i cant live wthout nice speaker system, auto air, and VSC has saved my baby's paintwork few times already...

but seriously, honda made mistake by not putting at least an LSD on CTR...

If I'm not mistaken the Type-R Civic does have an LSD. A Helical type one. :unsure:

but seriously, honda made mistake by not putting at least an LSD on CTR...

If I'm not mistaken the Type-R Civic does have an LSD. A Helical type one. :unsure:

Unfortunately it doesnt has LSD.

The JDM CTR does though along with 215PS and A/C and others toys as standard and sells over there for about £13k new :censor:

As usual the UK market gets screwed :arrgg-matey:

spwolf: Didnt come to argue which was best CTR/CTS mate. I like cars in general. Both are great cars :P

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links