Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Drasticallyneeded

gus

Can anybody help me locate a new camshaft for my very poorly 1985 celica supra. she is twin cam and need both sides........number 5 is warn and 6 is as flat as a pancake............any help would be greatly appreciated.........have logged as search with most of the breaker sites. have had one reply from them but he wanted stupid money......could buy a new car for that amount......havent stopped laughing yet or is that crying cant decide......

thanks peeps...

H E L P M E :(

if you had to buy new..........this is where gold would seriously help me thinks Gus

that i know mate cheques in the post end of the month........cant afford it before that.......have two other cars to run as well......everyday runners for me and the missis..

have found a garage that has got an 85 sat in the yard needing a lot of TLC so going to go round tomorrow to see if he wants to break it or if i can take it off his hands for a small fee..

good idea.........and hopefully will have a few other bits you can use

good luck

looks like it going to have to be new ones......have been quoted £85 each plus VAT..free delivery unfortunatly he only has the offside and doesnt think he going to get the other one in.......think the car going to be laid up after saturday till i can get my gold membership and get to the discount places B*£$@cks :(

is thier no chance for a regrind? what about a 7M-GTE camshaft.... dont know how different that would be. C how much the breakers want for the head, might be easier just to swap it straight over? u'd need a new H/G in that case though, but could get some nice porting and polishing on that though :D

dont know about a regrind mate,,,havent asked....still awaiting reply from garage in witney with one in back yard rotting away.... :(

Its possible to send it away and have the lobes built up again by someone like kent cams etc, might be more expensive but they can give u some performance lobes which are fun. If its just the one camshaft then it might be quite a bit cheaper... give them a call. It will mean u wont have it by sat. If u get the one at their wreckers, its really only a 30min job (or less) to install especially if its one cam. So will be ready for sat......................

hi ya scot,,,,

its both cams pal....the lobe on five iswarn away and six is shot to bits so one on each side. will get away with regrind on five but six needs replaceing. still taking it on saturday.it just sounds a bit rough. no joy with any of the breakers.

going to have to put it on stands after sat until i can get one. as for the 7m-gte, you got me baffled there mate.not sure what you talking about as dont know numbers and letters for engines. i know basically how they work and thats about it. if somebody shows me a part i can tell you its name but couldnt tell you what type of car it came out of. so if you can think of any other type of car that the camshaft might fit i would be very grateful. :(

signed the sad muppett

got the cams. will be fitted monday.

thanks for all you help fellas. most appricieated.......

c u all SAT :hokus-pokus:

Why moday mate? like i said its a 30min job......

where did u get them from? that breakers? the 7M-GTE is the newer version supra (89-94 ish) the same as my old mans. its a 3.0 but might have the same cams?????

they not getting delivered till late tomorrow (friday) so not much time. plus they going straight to the gararage in eynsham.....not a prob be all done and dusted by monday evening. she runs so she'll get to castle combe and back.......

scot dont know about the ones off the 3.0ltr would have to have a look.....but i am still on the lookout for another one as only managed to get one for the number six cylinder still need the one for FIVE but thats only just started to go so still good for a few more miles.. :ffs:

If it's a 30min job could we not fit them at Japfest ??

you were their when i took mine off Ryan.... its abit more fiddly getting them on as you have to mark the timing chain etc so wouldnt like to do it at japfest... if somthing went wrong Gus wouldnt be able to get home :(

Gus, if the other is just starting to go, then get a regrind mate. will mean you wont have to have the hassel of finding a new one.......

scot,

one step ahead of you there mate its coming out on monday and having the grind done at the same time as the new sixth goes in..........

got all day tomorrow to get her up to scratch cosmetically........ :group-cuddles:

mmmmmmmmmm dognuts, duff beer, and cable tv

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links