Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Opinions Wanted On This Car

ghecko

I thought that I would make a new thread for this car and moved it from the 'Whats The Difference' Thread - I hope thats OK

Hi

I'm going to see a UK car tomorrow thats up for a good price for my pocket, my insurance is through the roof at the mo hence not going for my original £3500

Anyway here's the details feel free to let me know if its a bargain or a scam :)

Any info you can help with appreciated, I know its not a T-Bar, anyone tell from the pic what rev it is. It has a GTi 16 Badge on the back.

media.jpg

1993 L Reg TOYOTA MR2 GT Sports 2dr Coupe, UK car not Japanese import. New clutch. Black. Sunroof, ABS, Alloy wheels, Anti theft system, Central locking Tax til August. Extremely reliable, good condition, only 4 owners from new. Impending baby forces reluctant sale. 109000 miles.

£2750

Here's the parkers price guide that I had to pay for exact details of the car entered.

Original Price £ 17143

Dealer Retail £ 3010

Private Good £ 2730

Private Poor £ 1550

Part Exchange £ 2100

Difficult to give an opinion without seeing the car in the flesh. Seems like a fairly good price if it's in good nick although mileage is a bit on the high side. Back in July I paid £3400 for a K reg 93 import with 60,000 miles (slightly modified).

Difficult to give an opinion without seeing the car in the flesh. Seems like a fairly good price if it's in good nick although mileage is a bit on the high side. Back in July I paid £3400 for a K reg 93 import with 60,000 miles (slightly modified).

Am I correct in thinkning that this will be less BHP than a rev3 if this is a Rev 2

i.e. Is there a big diff between the Rev 2 158 BHP compared to the Rev 3 172 BHP

I can get some pretty decent bargains on the import side, but they seem to all keep the actual mileage in Kilometeres even thought the speedo is converted to MPH

The shock for me though is insurance for this car for me is 902 and for an import 1890 to 2,400

So you can see where I'm coming from on the UK only models.

if its a rev 2 it will have less bhp but will be quicker!

have u tried insurance for a turbo? been a few tales of the insurance bein bout same as a uk car.

if its a rev 2 it will have less bhp but will be quicker!

Can you tell me how come ? I was just talking to a guy who had a Rev 3 and he says they are much faster than the rev 2 especially in the 6000 rev section.

rev3s are heavier due to safety improvements, its torque u wanna check for acceleration. rev3s are generally quicker due to the improved setup. (thats gonna start a debate)

According to my registration document my rev2 import weighs in at a hefty 1375kg. I thought they were meant to be lighter than this. Mine doesn't have any added safety features as far as I know.

According to my registration document my rev2 import weighs in at a hefty 1375kg. I thought they were meant to be lighter than this. Mine doesn't have any added safety features as far as I know.

Anymore thoughts from anyone on this car - I know its hard to make a good decision based on just the info above, however I'm off to see it tonight so any more advice as to things to look for appreciated.

is it a rev3 or 2?

i know someone who is selling a white rev2 gt t-bar, with a few very nice mods for around 3k.

if it's a rev3, it's a decent price. if it's a rev2, it should be closer to 2k because of it being very standard and high mileage

Someone with a few mods weighed their car, details on IMOC.

Think it was just over 1200kg

mk1's are just over 1000kg .. :o

Doesn't seem like a scam to me, providing there is some good history that price is about right. I wouldn't worry about the rev2/rev3 which one is faster arguement, your not going to be racing many rev3 during daily driving :D

The Rev2 is better the Rev1 due to rims/brakes, and both are lighter than the Rev3 .. but the Rev3+s seem to be built better ..

Hi Ghecko,

That car you are looking at is very close to me. The reason im posting is because im selling my MR2 and i'm in Farnborough. link is below, and you should be able to find it on autotrader.

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=30638

In a nutshell its a 93 rev 2. 102'000 miles and in great nick. Loads of work done too. My numer is on the advert so give me a call if you fancy having a look. Im around most evenings.

Alex

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links