Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Which Car Would You Choose

ghecko

OK guys

Two adverts

Which one would make you feel warmer than the other.

media1.jpg

Ad 1

1992 TOYOTA MR2 G LTD 2.0,

J reg. 80000 miles, black, 1yrs MoT, tax, new tyres and brakes, major service Jan, e/w, e/m, pas, CAT1, vgc. £2,600.

media2.jpg

Ad2

1995 TOYOTA MR2 GT Sports 2dr

Coupe, Met Green, M Reg Revised Ed. 86,000 miles, manual,good condition, FSH, well cared for car. Alloy wheels K+N air filter, uprated stereo/speakers, AC EW F/Fogs,Clifford Cat1 Alarm,just serviced,Taxed/MOT. £3,650 . ono.

Personally I'd go for the second one - advert doesn't say for definite but it could be a UK car so the insurance will be slightly cheaper, plus if it is a UK spec then having aircon is a bonus (rare on a UK car). I think the metallic dark green looks really nice too.

Personally I'd go for the second one - advert doesn't say for definite but it could be a UK car so the insurance will be slightly cheaper, plus if it is a UK spec then having aircon is a bonus (rare on a UK car). I think the metallic dark green looks really nice too.

Its an import already spoke to the chap - and its £1000 more expensive and 6000 miles more - it is a rev 3 though..just makes me think the 1st one looks like a good price.

...but it's an M reg and the first one is on a J plate - surely that makes a difference to the price?

shame it's an import - I might have been interested myself. :D

I'd still go for the second one (but mention to the seller that you've seen another one in case he's willing to haggle).

...but it's an M reg and the first one is on a J plate - surely that makes a difference to the price?

shame it's an import - I might have been interested myself.  :D

I'd still go for the second one (but mention to the seller that you've seen another one in case he's willing to haggle).

The only thing that worries me about the second one is its not a G-limited I haven't had anyone quote for that yet - its a lot further away from me than the other on and there's an induction kit fitted - + they done the conversion themselves to mph

I'm sure that someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I think an import NA on that revision will be a G-Limited anyway.

What else would you expect to get on a G-Limited that isn't on that car? (apart from a Badge on its butt).

I don't think it has an induction kit on it either - advert just states it's got a k&n air filter.

I'm sure that someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I think an import NA on that revision will be a G-Limited anyway.

What else would you expect to get on a G-Limited that isn't on that car? (apart from a badge on its butt).

I don't think it has an induction kit on it either - advert just states it's got a k&n air filter.

The chap who owns it said to me it had an induction kit so I guess he must be right - also I'm a bit worried about the self MPH conversion is it that easy to do ??

Has he just stuck different numbers on the dials? :D

I get the impression that you're not keen on it so why not just buy the first one instead?

Has he just stuck different numbers on the dials?  :D

I get the impression that you're not keen on it so why not just buy the first one instead?

LOL I'm getting more keen on the seond one now - I hope he hasn't stuck dials on top of the speedo :)

I'm going to go and see both as I think its best to test them and see which one seems better in the flesh :)

I already have a quote for a G-Limited so should I just say its the same car or say I think its a G-Limited but doesn't have a G-Limited Badge on the back ?

I guess you could just tell your insurance company that it's an MR2 NA import and let them decide (if you give them the registration number then most insurance companies can look it up anyway).

I'm pretty certain that the only other jap spec MR2 NA was just called the "G" but that was phased out before the rev 2 came out. Every sw20 NA since then has been a G-limited (I guess this was to avoid confusion with the GT and GTS).

id go for the 1st one mate, its black..which is better...less miles and cheaper.

i know its older, but if its been looked after better than the 2nd car then it doesnt really matter...either way both cars are pretty old.

but as u say go to see them both, and any others too, and drive them. It should help you decide :thumbsup:

p.s go with ur gut feeling.

Well I'm hoping the insurance have answered my question for me :)

I just phoned them and they said:

My quote is for an MR 2 G-Limited Import

They have quotes available for and MRT GTS and and MR2 G Turbo both imports

The only thing they have as an MR2 GT is the UK model

So they said take a look at the log book and whatever model it says on there they will insure it as that.

The only problem I tend to find is that many are described as being "immaculate", "first to see will buy", "showroom condition", etc. but when you go to see them they've mysteriously turned into rusty old buckets. <_<

The only problem I tend to find is that many are described as being "immaculate", "first to see will buy", "showroom condition", etc. but when you go to see them they've mysteriously turned into rusty old buckets.  <_<

Yep thats exactly what happened to me last night :)

Rusted alloys, missing aerial big gash oput of rear bumper, seat ripped - this was down as great condition :)

id go for the 1st one mate, its black..which is better...

In YOUR opinion! I could have had black, or any colour i wanted, i chose goodwood green (the coluor of the second one) cos I think thats better, more classy and blacks too common IMO. So dont be so riteous! <_<

Although i do love your car :P

Anyway. I wouldnt buy either. you can do better. you can tell the seconds an import anyway cos the uk have a normal rectangular number plate! WAIT, dont rush in, and one will come along thats exactly right and you wont have to question it, you will just know.

Ive put an induction kit on mine but i'd never buy a modded one cos its more likely to have been thrashed to :censor: by the owner. You want one that some flash hairdresser bird has had. minced round in, always took it to toyota cos she doesnt know crap about cars, but not been bumping in to things the way many women do :P :lol:

And if it says excellent condition it should mean just that. Some do, so look for those. :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links