Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Injector Question

Mister2

hi guys... the previous owner of my car said he fitted some supra 550cc injectors on my car. my friends however, doubt that i could be running such a large size. i think the stock injector size is either 440 or 480. and that is what the ecu is tuned for. so is it possible to be running 550cc injectors with a stock ecu?

I believe the Rev3 injectors are 550cc units... but could be wrong.

I'll try and find out.

:thumbsup:

I believe the Rev3 injectors are 550cc units... but could be wrong.

I'll try and find out.

:thumbsup:

Type 3 OEM injectors are 540cc :)

Cheers

KiwiMR2

but his car is a  Rev 2.

the previous owner of my car said he fitted some supra 550cc injectors on my car

Cheers

KiwiMR2

440 for rev1/2 and 540 for rev3+ I think .. Supra is a popular upgrade .. but 850's seem to be used for the big power (800+ bhp) motors ..

so ok... it is pausible then to run 550cc injectors without tuning the ecu? cuz i thought ecu's are programmed to run certain things. and jgoing from 440/480 to 550 is a big leap.

so ok... it is pausible then to run 550cc injectors without tuning the ecu? cuz i thought ecu's are programmed to run certain things. and jgoing from 440/480 to 550 is a big leap.

At the end of the day it's preparing you for future mods I guess. You will only have fuel maps to fuel cut but later on iff you get an aftermarket or add on ecu then you could utilise them :)

Cheers

KiwiMR2

ecu will still run them but the car would be massively rich as it will still hold the injector open for the same time (ecu dosnt know how much fuel is passing through the injector just how long its open for). this is great for top end and high boost but not so good for round town and idleing.get the car checked out emmisions wise and check for any fault codes. if it is very rich you run the risk of bore wash which will kill you engine.

Using the bigger injectors increases the quantity of fuel, if great enough, it can "wash" the film of oil from the cylinder walls, prior to ignition. This leaves ring-to-cylinder metal on metal! I think you also get this in cars which do a lot of short journeys and the fuel mixes with the oil. Fuel not being a very good lubricant!! Also in cars running a rich mixture.

Joe

but his car is a  Rev 2.

the previous owner of my car said he fitted some supra 550cc injectors on my car

Cheers

KiwiMR2

Sorry thats my language for saying he's got a Rev 2 ECU. lol

Take it to a rolling road that has a wideband o2 sensor..

They'll soon let you know if its running rich, although by the sounds of it - you will be running rich, which isn;t the end of the world...

Its running lean you need to be worrying about!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links