Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Connecting An Aftermarket Stereo To The Mr2

Jimlad

Ok... finally got my hands on another stereo after selling my double din unit. I know you need a certain lead to connect the jappy connector to the stereo harness.

On looking about I noticed there are two different leads available.

Autoleads PC9-406

and

Autoleads PC9-411

They are both for cars with the active Speakers, so does anyone know which lead I should have ?? Also the connector on the stereo has the normal ISO two black connectors. I'm hoping to get a lead that will simply connect to these. My old lead had RCA inputs which was fine as my old stereo had 4 RCA outputs. The new stereo also has 4, 2 front and 2 non-fade rears (which I assume are for the sub).

Another question.....

Would it be possible to chop and slice the existing stereo connector in the MR2 (stock connector) and connect the wires upto my harness for the stereo ? Does anyone know what all the carious colours etc in the mr2 are? Obviously I don't want to go putting power through the Speakers as opposed to sound... lol.

Also on the stereo connector itself (ISO ..the one which would connect to the car), does anyone know the colours etc? I've sussed out one side is for power and the other for sound etc.

The side for power has...

red

black

yellow

orange/white

blue/white

another blue/white (which is for the antenna)

The speaker side has ....

Purple

Purple/Black

Green

Green/Black

Grey

Grey/Black

White

White/Black

A few questions there I know.. but thanks for any help !!!

got another question ...

The stereo only has 4 pre-outs... 2 front and 2 non fader rear (which I connected the amp/sub too on my old stereo).

So how do I go about connecting the 2 front, 2 rear Speakers and the sub??? Am confused.. Sub goes into the 2 rear non-fader connectors... then the front goes into the 2 front. But what goes to the 2 rear Speakers ??

I've got a bodged cable I used from my old stereo. Has 4 phono connectors on one side and the power leads etc on the other which have bullet connectors on them. So basically I won't need to kill the cars original wiring. Can just splice the harness which came with the stereo.

Just unsure about the front/rear/sub thing. Old stereo had 6 pre-outs.. this has 4.

Am confused! Once this is cleared up, I can go ahead and chop some wires... :)

it's cool mate.. I have it too.. although a little bodged and chopped up from my Jap stereo installation.

Managed to use it though to connect my current stereo to it... thanks for the offer tho.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links