Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Wheel Wobble Under Braking

urotsukidoji_badassdemon

I had to replace my front right caliper a couple of weeks back cos it was sticking rather and getting a bit hot. After it got fitted, the brakes worked alot better now, but, when braking from say 50, the steering wheels is like well juddery down to about 15/20, when the car is about to stop. The brake pedal doesn't judder tho, just the s/w. So is that front suspension bush problem/worn? Or have I got warped discs? How do you tell if you've got warped discs? Which bushes are most prone to going on SW20's at the front?

you really should of changed the discs when you changed the caliper , any wobble in the s/w will be from front brakes , if its through the foot pedal most likely rear brakes. :thumbsup:

yeah it well sounds like warped disks mate. i had the same thing on my last car and by changing the disks it seemed to cure the problem.

Blox, so front discs are defo the answer then?? Cos I don't wanna change the discs to still have the problemo. I've done that before, changed the front discs and pads on a previous car cos someone said they were warped cos of the wobbley wheel thing, but it was still shaking at the end, and later found it to be lower ball joints. :(

P.S. with the vented discs you can get, are they the same thickness/ made the same way as the drilled discs? Cos was thinking of getting some standard vented discs, and having a machine shop drill some holes for me. Or is this NOT safe option? And just get pre-drilled discs?

Don't rule out the ball joints. If your disks are warped, you'll feel the pedal rising and falling even at low speeds. If the BJ's are worn, it will feel normal at low speeds, but will judder like holy ***** when you brake from high speed.

The wobble is unlikely to be anything other than warped discs. If your caliper was sticking, then the disc is almost certainly warped.

As said above if you changed the caliper you may as well have changed the discs and pads too. You can change one caliper, but when it comes to discs and pads, do both sides at the same time.

On an N/A it's not neccessary to uprate the discs to grooved or drilled. The OEM or equivalent are sufficient enough. But if you want better stopping power, uprate the pads and possible consider braided lines.

HTH :thumbsup:

OK den, has ne1 heard of brakes uk? I found them earlier online, and they came upwith 31 quid a disc for my car. that sounds rather cheap. I phoned up the local motor factors, and they quoted 34.73 each, but said to measure my discs to check which ones I needed, cos they had 3S-Fe and 3S-Ge engines listed. Mine is the 3S-Ge car, so do I go for those? Cos when I changed my front pads, there was 2 different pads for mine, and they ordered the more common set, which were NOT correct, I required the less stocked ones. So was just wondering which I discs I do need. My car is a Rev 1, which had OE 14's alloys, but the discs DO look quite big tho.

If you had problems before with pad sizes, then it's probably best to follow their advice and measure your discs...

Ordered my discs now, I didn't even realise the rear discs were bigger than the fronts!! I got the 263 mm fronts discs. Early 91/H.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links