Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Newbie Advise Please (buying A Corolla)

"H"

Hi all, my first post! Looks like a great forum :thumbsup:

Can I pick your brains please!?! I am interested in a Corolla T3 Hatchback 2.0 D-4D. I test drove one the other day and absolutely loved it. A local dealer has one on an 02 plate with low mileage and has agreed £9150 for it. My questions are:

Does this seems a fair price?

Are there any isssues with the 2.0 diesel engine that I should be aware of?

Very grateful for any responses :)

H

Well Parkers website reckons that a franchised dealer would be charging between £9720 for a 51 plate and £10500 for a 52 plate 02 model, with 20k miles, so going on that its a good deal. Dunno how accurate these prices really are, but they sound about right to me, in which case you got a good deal! :)

The only thing I can think of that will probably be the case with the diesel version is that it will be generally more expensive to service, just because in my experience diesels generally are. I'm pretty sure that the diesel needs a cambelt change at 60k ish, whereas the VVT-i engines are chain driven so there isn't this expense with them. But that no doubt will be a long way off for you unless you do massive mileages!

Cheers

Alex

'H'

Last month I bought a T3 2.0 D4D estate.

I believe the 2.0 D4D is quite a recent addition to the range so older Corollas wouldn't have this version. You may wish to test drive it if you haven't already.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links