Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

American Imported Mk 1 Hi-lux Motorhome

wilsonaj

Hi, I am a new member. Having just bought a 1979 Mk 1 Hi-Lux based motorhome. This was imported from America in 1996. It is left hand drive with a 1600cc engine.

I am enquiring about changing to right hand drive and uprating the engine to diesel or better still T/D.

Can anybody help as I am new to Toyotas.

Thanks wilsonaj

That sounds like a big and expensive job. You want to change the steering wheel from the left to the right and change the engine?

I would thought it would have been cheaper to buy a right hand drive vehicle to start with, with a bigger engine unless you are in the trade and handy with a screwdriver.

Personally I would go out there and enjoy your new motor home as it is :thumbsup:

Ooof...a 1.6 Toyota-based motorhome? That's got to be glacially slow :huh:

But, I agree, get out there and do a little camping! Or better yet, take it to a racing track and use it to camp nearby :arrgg-matey:

That sounds like a big and expensive job. You want to change the steering wheel from the left to the right and change the engine?

I would thought it would have been cheaper to buy a right hand drive vehicle to start with, with a bigger engine unless you are in the trade and handy with a screwdriver.

Personally I would go out there and enjoy your new motor home as it is  :thumbsup:

Hi, thanks fo that, I have been in the trade for some time now, All I need to know is which models are a straight bolt on/ bolt off, which model years I can use for my donor vehicle.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links