Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris T-Sport

dnickels

Anyone else have a T-sport.. I absolutly love mine and chuck it around everywhere.. I bought it for the wife because she always had the keys to my Audi S6, but now I find I take the Yaris for a blat!!.. how cool is that

Dave:D

• 4 weeks later...

very cool...........ive never driven the T-sport but ive heard its so much fun:D:D

My cousin has a Yaris SR but has decided he wants to change it for a Yaris T-Sport after only 12 months

Originally posted by Chris Shipley

My cousin has a Yaris SR but has decided he wants to change it for a Yaris T-Sport after only 12 months

I can throughly reccomend it.. It is a great car all round ... and I see that the Yaris was voted JD Power car of the year.. well no suprises there for those of us that have them;)

• 1 month later...

I have only just picked my (Thunder Gray) T-Sport Yaris, and I must say it is one of the most fun cars I have ever had the pleasure of driving. But 105 BHP is not enough to keep up with the likes of Saxo VTS`s so I am having a HKS air filter fitted this weekend and the ECU Re-Mapped. Should bring up to at least 115 BHP. I will let you know how I get on. (Top Site by the way) Any one with any other tuning tips please let me know.:D:D

when i was at TTE having the supercharger fitted...........i saw a yaris there with a TTE supercharger fitted..........awsom:cool:

Originally posted by Nick-Johnson

But 105 BHP is not enough to keep up with the likes of Saxo VTS`s so I am having a HKS air filter fitted this weekend and the ECU Re-Mapped. Should bring up to at least 115 BHP. I will let you know how I get on.

Nick,

Please do keep us posted, I am thinking of ordering a T Sport as well, and would be intrested in knowing how you get on.

was at TTE today,there are plans to put a supercharger on the yaris there,ive also seen the turbo conversion today...........both will be going into production:D

• 2 weeks later...

:D I did say I would keep you posted, So I am. This weekend I took the T-Sport up to the British Grand Prix at Silverstone ( What A Weekend), It is the first real long journey I have done in the car and it drove excellent. I even had a Little run in with a new MR2 Roadster witch may I say the Yaris did not let me down in the performance dept, so much so that the driver of the MR2 gave me thumbs up as we started the 1hr 30 mins queue in to Silverstone. I am not blowing my trumpet here either but it did receive a fair few looks as well sitting in the traffic with deep thoaty exhaust note. This weekend I am going to Goodwood Festival Of Speed so another long run there. The best thing about the Yaris is the look on poeples faces went they try and take you of the light and very rarely make you look silly. If you are thinking of going for one make sure you order the SAT NAV I wont say any more apart from it is fantastic. :D:D

If anyone knows were you can order Toyota F1 Team Jackets or any clothing please let me know!!!!!!!!! There are none on any F1 Merchandise sites. :P

Can you believe it there were no Toyota Merchandise stands at Silverstone at all. Do you have any Idea which dealers are selling team clothing, just my local dealer is a waste off time when it come to Toyota accessories. :D

I've actually just checked with Toyota

Some of the T-Shirts and other clothes are already available

Model F1 Cars are available at the end of the month

Some other items are comin half way thro august.

Tell your local dealer to call TEAMS to check prices and what they do

or

U2U Chris Shipley

cause he's a nice bloke and will find out for you.

Well he'll find out for you. i'm not sure on the nice bloke bit.

:P

The only other news is that jackets you may have trouble with. they are do Windcheaters but not big thick jackets.

sorry

:(

I have seen an Australin web site that were selling thick water proof jackets with Panasonic Toyota Formula 1 team on it but I could never find it again. So they must make them, the boyz from Toyota were wearing them at the British Grand Prix but was not up for selling them.I will check my dealer again and see what happens. I will have a good look tomorrow at Goodwood.

Check out the Panasonic Toyota F1 post for more infomation on the Goodwood Festival of Speed. :D:D:D:D

I could not believe what I saw at the Toyota stand at the Goodwood Festival Of Speed, it comes out some time next year, it has 150 BHP, it has a turbo, its the new Yaris T-Sport Turbo. What a tool, 0-60 under 8.0 secs and one mean body kit. I have just bought my T-Sport but a turbo would look rather nice on my drive. :D:D:D:D

Nick,

Did you get the new Air filter fitted and the ECU remapped? Does this affect insurance? Also what does the manual say about running in the engine?

I guess with less than 5000 miles you might not yet get the full perfomance out of the car?

The Air Filter is on but the remapping has not yet been done, for one reason that I have not had the time to do so, what with the, British Grand Prix last weekend and Goodwood this weekend. It will be done soon I promise. As for Insurance, well yes things may change there but not a huge ammount, just have a quick word with your company before hand. Regards running it in leave at least till 1000 miles before really putting it through its paces however hard it is to wait. I met the designer of the Yaris at Goodwood on the Toyota stand and he was very intrested what I had to say about my car. :D

Hi everybody my name is Jerry and I have a T sport yaris. I really like my cars as it's small and fast. I brought my car in february this year. My wife also has a T sport as well. I must admit people really stare as we drive down the road together as we have both got are window's blacked out. Dealer was happy to do that for us. So far up to date I really haven't have any trouble with it so far. I have only covered 2100 miles to date. Last month I took it on a long jorney to blackpool. I really enjoyed flying up the motorway. Man does this car fly ;) Like to here from other T sport owners out there for a chat about a great little motor ;)

• 2 weeks later...

hi people, at last i have found a site with other t-sport people on!, well im waitting for sep 1 so i can collect my t-sport, i work as a mechanic in the local dealership so i know how much fun they really are, it would be grate to hear from other owners, also any good advice about performance upgrades would be very welcome. Coming from a vw gti back ground (sorry not leaving!) it would be good to know of any meeting you guys have? also shouldnt say this but toyota are launching a modifying accessory book, for across the range eg. wheels, exhaust and body kits! you proberly know that tho!!! happy t-sporting!:P

dont know if you guys know but if you ask your dealership to go into the yap part of the parts catologe you can order a o/s/r fog lense that is clear ( they dont have fog in yapan!) then add a red bulb and you have a matching rear! (its the only thing i dont like about the rear of the vehical.) £20 ish give or take a few pence. please forgive me if you knew that im new to the sceen!

• 2 weeks later...

the transporter pulled up and there it was!! covered in white protective plastic! but somhow it still looked oh so sexy! the benifits of working in the dealership! sat in it for about 30mins!!!!!! we know each other intimately already. now the playing starts, ive ordered a new fog lamp ( jap clear reversing jobie) to sort the rear out! plus rear (from 5 door) door handles to try and delock it. also looking into a lowering kit, about 40 mm ish should do also an induction kit may also grace the engine bay, any suggestions on either greatly appreciated! not sure how many times i will wash/ polish it between now and sep 1st! i know one thing it will be showing the others up on the day. also a big thanks for a chap called pete at toyota insurance, bargan deal!!!! ta mate:cool: look forward to hearing what you boys have to say! happy t-sporting.

It great is it not. I have had my Yaris now 2 months and have not regretted buying it once. Regards Air induction kit wait a while, tell you why because the only people who make one for our car is HKS and after reading a few reviews and having one on my car for the last month, I am really not that impressed. The reason it does not make a big difference is because the filter sits right at the back of the engine bay inducting hot air, which is no good. I am at the moment talking to a company called FENSPORT (Cambridgeshire) who are going to fit a Blitz filter, probably the first Yaris in the UK to have one fitted. They will make some brackets so the filter will be positioned to induct cold and therefore give a power better power gain and the filter is a right head turner it all polished metal. So if it all works out well on my car you could have yours done as well.

Anyway not to long know buddy.

Nick :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links